Festool drywall screwdriver (collated)

Members online

Are you using the SMD 57 or SMD55? Never had a problem with mine jamming, and how many fingers do you need to pull a trigger?
Its not mine it was another lads I had to double up with on site kept saying give this ago as I use a cordless and loose screws when tacking don't know which one it was mind you ,it wasn't so much not enough fingers to pull the trigger I just found it uncomfortable to use I had to curl my last two fingers to use it the festool one looks like it has a bigger opening for your hand just what you are comfy with I suppose

Its not mine it was another lads I had to double up with on site kept saying give this ago as I use a cordless and loose screws when tacking don't know which one it was mind you ,it wasn't so much not enough fingers to pull the trigger I just found it uncomfortable to use I had to curl my last two fingers to use it the festool one looks like it has a bigger opening for your hand just what you are comfy with I suppose

Must've been the old shape, as the new SD5000 A22 hasn't got an enclosed trigger.

This one had like an enclosed slanting handle on it just found it akward those spit collated any good?
This one:- Hilti-Auto-Feed-Screw-Gun.jpg

Don't know mate. They aren't cheap though. Look a bit long to me.
054292.jpg

Last edited:
Have you used the festool and had a chance to compare it with the hilti tony? Just they are around the same price. I previously used the makita and found the sliding mechanism to move about to much. More then likely due to previous user abuse. Or could have been general wear? I do use festool usually and would say the build quality and standard of detail to be superior to that of other mainstream brands.

Have you used the festool and had a chance to compare it with the hilti tony? Just they are around the same price. I previously used the makita and found the sliding mechanism to move about to much. More then likely due to previous user abuse. Or could have been general wear? I do use festool usually and would say the build quality and standard of detail to be superior to that of other mainstream brands.
I've not used the Festool yet. I was going to see if I could have one on loan to compare it to my SD5000 A22. My Hilti isn't 2 yrs old yet and works perfectly, but i'm just curious.

Hi I have just bought the Festool dura drive with 2 4.2ah batteries and case. You can use as just a cordless screwdriver or add the attachment and use as a screw gun. I find it to be the best I have ever used. I have owned a concept which was ok and lasted 7 years. Makitas for me are the worst. Senco ok but I really like the auto feature on the festool. Really easy to set up. Then just push the machine without pulling the switch and it also switches off automatically which saves battery power. Mine hasn't jammed yet after 5000 screws. The service inclusive free warranty means free servicing and it is insured against theft on site if you pay £100 excess.
I haven't tried the hilti to be fair. I paid £430.00 including vat which is pricey but I already think it is worth it. I have still got a stock of senco duraspin screws which I pay £7.50 for and they work just fine.

Hi I have just bought the Festool dura drive with 2 4.2ah batteries and case. You can use as just a cordless screwdriver or add the attachment and use as a screw gun. I find it to be the best I have ever used. I have owned a concept which was ok and lasted 7 years. Makitas for me are the worst. Senco ok but I really like the auto feature on the festool. Really easy to set up. Then just push the machine without pulling the switch and it also switches off automatically which saves battery power. Mine hasn't jammed yet after 5000 screws. The service inclusive free warranty means free servicing and it is insured against theft on site if you pay £100 excess.
I haven't tried the hilti to be fair. I paid £430.00 including vat which is pricey but I already think it is worth it. I have still got a stock of senco duraspin screws which I pay £7.50 for and they work just fine.

My mate told me about the auto start feature on it. Sounds good, and about a ton less than the Hilti complete set.

Did you get the 2500 or 4500 rpm version? I've got the Festool rep coming to see me at the beginning of Feb and he's bringing both for me to try. He said that the 2500 rpm gun was designed for screwing to timber, and the 4500rpm for metal. 2500 seems a bit slow for my liking.

A timber frame builder I know swears by festool. Over the last few years as he has needed to replace his tools he has swapped over to festool. Now all of his kit is festool and he has loads of kit like almost a cabin full

I've had my 110v Bosch mixer for 7 years and I only do domestics now I'm sick of carrying the transformer just for my mixer. I want to buy a festool mixer on the reputation but I've never seen one. Can you get the rep to bring one of them too?

Anyone thinking of getting the festool drywall gun they have just upgraded the batteries to 5.2 AH. Not sure if the price has changed much.

Yes mate gonna order mine from ITS seems the best deal I can find. Don't think it has the big batteries though but I can't see me needing them if the battery life is as good as they say.

Did you get the 2500 or 4500 rpm model. The Festool rep tried to tell me that the 2500 is slower with higher torque for mainly fixing to wood, and the 4500 is for fixing to metal. I do mainly timber frame, but I'd want the 4500 for the extra speed.

Was using both last week. Prefer the Hilti, found the Festool stiff and required more effort from me to drive the screw in. Did like the auto feature though.

Had the Festool chap down today and I'm going to get one if the drywall guns. Really impressed with it. Just been launched with 5.2 ah batteries. Plenty of power from both the 2500 & 4500 spin speed versions.

Had the Festool chap down today and I'm going to get one if the drywall guns. Really impressed with it. Just been launched with 5.2 ah batteries. Plenty of power from both the 2500 & 4500 spin speed versions.

Its a 2 In 1 machine and wondered do you think you would use it in the dry wall configeration at all or just the collated?

Its a 2 In 1 machine and wondered do you think you would use it in the dry wall configeration at all or just the collated?

I use my Hilti without the collated end or the depth cone when doing MF as it's the speed of it is great for starting the self tappers, so I would use it. I'm not sure which speed to get. There wasn't a noticeable difference in the performance.

Did you get the offer from festool @TonyM in the post regarding the free battery offer with purchase of the basic option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get the offer from festool @TonyM in the post regarding the free battery offer with purchase of the basic option?

Not ordered it yet so no, but one of the chippies on site is going to give me his voucher. I can then buy a bare hammer drill driver and have a battery for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not ordered it yet so no, but one of the chippies on site is going to give me his voucher. I can then buy a bare hammer drill driver and have a battery for it.

Nice one. I can get the duradrive and charger seperately for £290 all in with this offer.m aybe get another battery at a later date if I needit.

Last edited: