Filling a channel in a bathroom corner

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBucketHead

Hi All,

First post and novice in the world of plastering.
I've recently pulled out the old shower cubicle and tray and renewed the plasterboard on the stud wall with new boards. To get the old boards out I had to chop a channel in the corner to get at the nails. I'm not going to skim the new boards because I'm just going to stick cladding panels on the walls with some adhesive or other. However I need to repair the channel in the corner. Would it be criminally the wrong thing to do to simply fill the channel with ready mix plaster ? Please have a look at the pics;

Is there a shower going back in there mate. If so I wouldn't of used plasterboard behind a shower, you would of been better with an aqua panel or g tec aqua board etc something along them lines that's suited to that application. Also not sure if you took the picture when you'd finished but it looks like you could do with a few more screws in the boards aswell.

Is there a shower going back in there mate. If so I wouldn't of used plasterboard behind a shower, you would of been better with an aqua panel or g tec aqua board etc something along them lines that's suited to that application. Also not sure if you took the picture when you'd finished but it looks like you could do with a few more screws in the boards aswell.

Thanks for your reply NRM2007. I'll just have to live with the plasterboards now mate. To be fair, the plasterboards that I ripped out hadn't been really affected by the presence of the previous shower but I'll know for next time. I spotted that aqua stuff in B & Q and just wasn't sure how tough it would be to cut it to shape etc. I'll put more screws in there tho. I'm hoping the boards don't get together with the water/moisture from the shower !!! Just wondering if I need pva or some such thing for that channel or like Spunky says is it just enough to hoy some water at it and slap away.

The aqua panels are not the easiest to cut but they will score and snap with a Stanley. The g tec aqua board is more like a plasterboard to work with but is suitable for that type of stuff like behind showers etc. With regards to the channel you're filling in, it's difficult to see off your pic what it is or how deep but a good damping down should be ok.

I'm sure a damping down would suffice then fill away.as long as the plasterboard wall is well tiled and grouted it should be ok.as said a aqua panel would have been better,but heyho

Yeah as said above Marra & make sure you cover the toilet pot unless it's a virgin one.
Good luck Marra :RpS_thumbup:

Pmsl nisus, not seen that one before. Look after your edges lol!... Love the van, it's like a wee hovis loaf on wheels:RpS_lol: long live hillside:RpS_thumbup:

Marra is forum code for mate.
Have a look at this vid mate it might help with your job, also you'll understand my post a bit better after you've watched it :RpS_thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014VrY34CMc

He says "shite" with some conviction for that virgin toilet..........:RpS_laugh:.

Just checked his youtube account and he's only askin for advice on shooting stuff.............:-0
hi when zeroing a scope when you are clicking left right up and down lets say the pellet is striking one inch left are you adjusting crosshair to the right or is it left ,pellet right or crosshair left thanks Mr hillside.

Maybe he's moving on from strangling.................:RpS_scared:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.