First posh 1 coat by mistake

Members online

7690e0a4e82b9a629e4faabb976beaf7.gif

The reason you get tiger stripes becouse you over trowel when mix is to wet on wall. Nothing to do whith 1 2 coat or which method you use. You get two coat nice flat you go for a cup of tea one over two over one dry happy days. If you do get tiger stripes what do yo do?
Mate over the years I’ve tried to work out how I get them and I’ve absolutely no idea why. Don’t get them for ages and then bang there back. Don’t agree with your reason though, I’d put it down to the gear.

Mate over the years I’ve tried to work out how I get them and I’ve absolutely no idea why. Don’t get them for ages and then bang there back. Don’t agree with your reason though, I’d put it down to the gear.
To many reasons behind em . I personally blame it on to much edge to soon

To many reasons behind em . I personally blame it on to much edge to soon
Two of us would either both get them or wouldn’t get them so to me that’s not down to technique. As I’ve said before I visit my aunty a lot and having plastered her whole house she has lights shining down the wall and it looks flawless. This was plastered around 15 year ago when gear was good. Fast forward to my house and when a light shines across it I can see tiger stripes. Same two folk done mine that done my aunties using same tried and tested techniques

Two of us would either both get them or wouldn’t get them so to me that’s not down to technique. As I’ve said before I visit my aunty a lot and having plastered her whole house she has lights shining down the wall and it looks flawless. This was plastered around 15 year ago when gear was good. Fast forward to my house and when a light shines across it I can see tiger stripes. Same two folk done mine that done my aunties using same tried and tested techniques
Maybe that's because fifteen years ago you weren't a railway worker?

That's because 15 years ago they gave a f**k

You can say ginger I.m tough skinned
I suppose it does look a bit ginger. I've nothing against gingers as both my old nan was, and one of my sister's is, ginger. And so did part of my beard, although that bits gone grey now.

Last edited:
Only thing I don’t like about using same mix is you don’t know how far to go with the first coat to make
Sure you’ve got enough in bucket for a second coat . We usually scratch two
Bags on then mix up a bag to
Lay in with . That’s how I control it then nothing gets wasted .

OK if that what you think fair enough . What do you do if you get them?

OK if that what you think fair enough . What do you do if you get them?
You get lads going on about tiger
Don’t get them anymore because I gave up with plastering but I’d cross trowel them when it started setting.
I get them some times to. most do from time to time just let it go off to dry trowel get some fat that sort them out. Some go on about tiger stripes like end of the world