Flexible Stop Beading?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev864

I want to plaster onto a flat wall following the arch shape around a fireplace (see photo). I want to leave one line of bricks exposed to the front and don't want to plaster inside the internal arch

Is there any flexible stop beading that I can use to follow the shape of the arch and give a defined edge to the plaster?

Attachments

• Flexible Stop Beading?
    DSC_0150.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 774
No there is not a pre-made bead for this type of thing. You could do it as above or, as I would free hand.

Either way its going to be a real faff.

Fk knows Danny, probably need to play about with it a bit (plumb the sides and 'persuade' it into a nice curve using panel pins) :RpS_thumbup:

One way might be to set two stop beads each side, level them across their tops where you want the arch to begin. Then cut a length of some plastic quadrant like bubbles has suggested. Bend it so the ends meet up with the top of the stop beads and fix the ends in this position with a nail either side.

The residual stiffness of the plastic would form and even curve by itself, pull it away from the wall and no-nails/silicon adhesive it to the wall and lean something against it overnight.

Rough and skim to it.

Fu'ck me, I even bore myself sometimes.zzzz

As above but us some hardboard in stead of a plastic strip . just cut a 100mm wide strip and fix with pb nails into the joint of the brick work making sure its smooth side up then bond and skim to it then leave and remove the next day. Do not knock the pb nails all the way in leaving enough to remove with a claw hammer. Hope that makes sense .

thats what i usually use but i was trying to find him one with just one wing so he hassnt got to cut one side off, another way i was thinking was to fix a rounded cable to the wall to the shape you want it skim up to it and remove it after or if you manage to get a nice round cable leave it in place caulk it once the plaster skrinks back and paint it, giving the illusion of a bead edge

Status
Not open for further replies.