For fucksake!

Members online

First back using Multifinish this week after staying away from it for months.
Absolutely f**k**g awful shite.
First trowel, everything looks fine.
Second trowel, no water other than on the blade of the carbon steel trowel, f**k**g tiger stripes everywhere.
After thirty-seven years I'm second guessing and questioning everything I've ever known or done with finish plaster.
@BritishGypsum you are a disgrace.
But we can not change plaster because that all they f**k**g is ,f**k bristh gypsum it the same old s**t ,s**t on the floor o we will call this hardwall

We're using multi on site out of the new bags and board finish 100% better gear seems a lot finer
I fail to see how it can be 'finer' and 'better'? The good plaster of yesteryear wasn't anything like as fine as this current shite, apart from Carlite Finish which coped well with high suction. IMO high suction is the only time that Multifinish is any good.

I used to actually like ruling walls out, rubbing them up just right, plumbing the corners........I even liked the humidity the following day.........”green suction”...mmmm

I used to actually like ruling walls out, rubbing them up just right, plumbing the corners........I even liked the humidity the following day.........”green suction”...mmmm
All my work up until nine years ago was F&S with S&C, bloody loved it. I would never set it green though, minimum of five days curing summer and seven winter. Didn't know just how good I had it.

All my work up until nine years ago was F&S with S&C, bloody loved it. I would never set it green though, minimum of five days curing summer and seven winter. Didn't know just how good I had it.
What can I say...... I lived life on the edge.......green suction, monolithic walls.
Render for tiles......rubbed up with light devilling, trowelled over just as it “went”...
Beautiful.

Despite me moaning it went on alright today. Got to use me sexy new light too and plugged me radio into 1 of the 3 sockets on the back. Because i can

Attachments

• 07E74337-BB90-4876-9D1E-B79517F68A81.jpeg
    07E74337-BB90-4876-9D1E-B79517F68A81.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 147
  • D8D6E990-A55A-4FA5-B5CC-F6F1B178DD27.jpeg
    D8D6E990-A55A-4FA5-B5CC-F6F1B178DD27.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 139
  • A62C3896-0C26-475B-BBA5-85F23C51FB10.jpeg
    A62C3896-0C26-475B-BBA5-85F23C51FB10.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 145
What are spreads using now for for floating new block work . Cant get a few bags of hardwall anywhere as no one stocks it now and bonding is just s**t for anything other than on board work or patching ,Sand and cement is a lot of hassel with curing times etc .

What are spreads using now for for floating new block work . Cant get a few bags of hardwall anywhere as no one stocks it now and bonding is just s**t for anything other than on board work or patching ,Sand and cement is a lot of hassel with curing times etc .

12.5mm board lol.

Plenty of hardwall up norf matey
Mind you I must say my eyes watered when I seen some of the priced the southern lads are paying

What can I say...... I lived life on the edge.......green suction, monolithic walls.
Render for tiles......rubbed up with light devilling, trowelled over just as it “went”...
Beautiful.
Oh me and my old man did some lovely jobs like that for tiling. Bloody great kitchen areas at Five Lakes golf course being one of the best.