Free ruling vs screeds

I should have been an engineer as I like consistency and perfection....

Jigs and templates to guarantee a result....

Screeds for me all day long...

Laser used when needed

Attachments

• 98E01FE8-8BFD-40E6-80AC-1327224B90ED.jpeg
    98E01FE8-8BFD-40E6-80AC-1327224B90ED.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 194
Total bollox, putting up screeds means you don’t back yourself to do the job and when you do put up screeds it’s just basically infilling which any spastic can do

if the blockwork is sound the plastering is effortless

plastering is s**t :birra: (y)

Total bollox, putting up screeds means you don’t back yourself to do the job and when you do put up screeds it’s just basically infilling which any spastic can do
So all the old guys who screeded and plumb and dot back in the day were just bunch of spastics. Thats fair enough one way over another if it works for you, just sounds dickish to paint old ways as spastic.

You used a laser so you didnt back yourself up either

What amazes me is how many plasterers think they are superb at plastering yet there are are sooooooo many crap plasterers about....

Best thing anybody can do is admit they are not perfect and those people will tend to be a lot better than those that think they are....

I use string lines, lasers, levels screeds whatever it takes to ensure I do the best possible job...

I can free rule... but why leave it by chance when i know for sure it can be near perfect

Like plasterboarding....

Ping a line on the ceiling

Ping a line on the floor

Too easy.... or you could go blind then blame something for the f**k up
People think we're mad when we ping a chalk line on the ceiling when boarding. Unfortunately it's rarely possible on the floor.
I'm also still waiting to meet a true, practicing perfectionist. Don't believe they exist.

People think we're mad when we ping a chalk line on the ceiling when boarding. Unfortunately it's rarely possible on the floor.
I'm also still waiting to meet a true, practicing perfectionist. Don't believe they exist.
Use a chalk line as well snap along the ceiling as straight line to work with (y)

Make sure you get a picture of one or we wont believe you!;):p:X3:

What amazes me is how many plasterers think they are superb at plastering yet there are are sooooooo many crap plasterers about....

Best thing anybody can do is admit they are not perfect and those people will tend to be a lot better than those that think they are....
Lots can’t float a wall or render which are basic requirements, people can call themselves Plasterer’s if they can skim a wall

There are those that make a living talking about plastering and those that do it day in , day out , pricing , managing and actually doing it . I’ve done 33yrs at it , yes there’s been ricks which I’d solve myself, yes there’s been rows , the endless cycle of jobs not being ready , late payments , staff going missing etc , it’s not easy , I’m small time now , £100k or less a year , Labour/ materials, it’s harder to get the big money so I mix private’s and builders

Very hard to be a perfectionist as a plasterer as you are dealing with an unstable product....

but slight attention to detail will take you to the top 5% of plasterers....

I have f**k*d up massively on jobs in the past... taken what I learnt came back fixed it and learnt for next time...

Just racked my 8ft , bought it a while back only used a few times the smaller one I like but will keep this on van now
27E5E4EE-E24D-492E-A163-B6EFC04F762E.jpeg