French Drains

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitcher

Private Member
Got a french drain to do at the front of a house to channel the water away from the houses foundations.

Anyone done one before, got any resources/tips?

ta

Dont listen to Eddie, its just a land drain but must go to a soakaway, BUT a few years ago there was a lot of debate on French drains and problems they may cause, i suggest you research the net Twatch and make your mind up. thinking about it the prob was i think that they filled up with debris after a short time and then failed, maybe Eddie is right.

They work Andy. If you use pea shingle it will drain to the bottom of the trench. Problems can arrive if the clay below is saturated with water, but if that is the case a perforated pipe at the bottom of the trench will not make any difference.

The height of the water table in the area dictates what is the best method to use

Quite agree mate, done loads over the years but you never know if they work or not once you have left the job, i did quite a big one in Spain about 18 months ago PM me your email Twatch and i can send you pics dont know how to put them on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.