Friends rates

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, advice please - I've been asked by a friend to board out and skim out his extension, quite a lot of work. I know he'll of budgeted for the works but with it being a friend I'm unsure of what day rate to say as he wants a day rate.

I don't want to kill myself for next to nowt but I also don't want him to think 'bloody hell' you want how much?

I'am in the north-west, anyone been in a similar scenario? I obviously really want the work, what do you think is acceptable?

thanks guys - it'll be appreciated!!

He wants a day rate!!! Tell him 80 quid a day, and spin it out for as long as you like, don't kill yourself!! Some friend he is?

ask yourself what can your friend do for you in return for the mates rates hes after, if he cnt do anything worthwhile then just do it as a normal job your running a business not a charity after all

Yeah as above at least - and get him to be cleaning your gear ;) etc

To be honest sometimes you try help people out and you get no better thought of even when you bust a gut and are working for less than usual ....

Never mix business with pleasure as it can come back and kick you up the ass.:RpS_unsure:

i dnt even work for me old dear for free infact the last couple of jobs i did ive had full whack off her might have even made money from her haha

Done a fair bit for close friends and family FOC. Life is not all about money sometimes you need to help those closest o you.

If however they then don't appreciate it never do anything for them again and let them take a gamble on a local spread and smile inside when they then realise what a w**k*r they were.

Done a fair bit for close friends and family FOC. Life is not all about money sometimes you need to help those closest o you.

If however they then don't appreciate it never do anything for them again and let them take a gamble on a local spread and smile inside when they then realise what a w**k*r they were.
sometimes friends only want to be friends when they want somthing? When your needing a return from them it's a different story! Been there, done it, and won't be doin it again:RpS_thumbsup:

Don't work for family or friends,always ends in them thinking your pulling their pants down or you thinking bloody tight barstrds,:RpS_angry:

It's your mother jr!! FFs your joking ain't you?

she insists on paying me for the work and if i dnt take the money she will stick it in the letter box when im not in so if i take the money shes happy and im happy, shes got a few quid anyway so she wnt miss it haha:RpS_wink:

sometimes friends only want to be friends when they want somthing? When your needing a return from them it's a different story! Been there, done it, and won't be doin it again:RpS_thumbsup:

They not your close friends then. You know the few mates that have been in your life forever, and you can't see them never being in it. True mates, they worth working FOC for.

Just a day mind, any more and they are taking the piss!

They not your close friends then. You know the few mates that have been in your life forever, and you can't see them never being in it. True mates, they worth working FOC for.

Just a day mind, any more and they are taking the piss!

You know what they say.....a friend in need is a pest :RpS_thumbsup:

never ever work for free or drop your rates for family or freinds, a plumber i know is owed 700.00 off his brother in law from last xmas, nothing wrong with work just wont pay it, now dont send cards to each other/kids dont get presents/caused a big family fall out, if i do any work for family /freinds i dont charge any different

Thanks for the responses guys!

i think for me it's getting past that awkward point of saying to someone you know 'right this is how much it'll be'!

its crap working for less just coz you know em, but your still knackered at the end of the day!!

Hes a **** and wouldnt have paid regardless of him being brother in law or not. I did a bedroom for a mate for free as a moving in present. He bought the mats and washed all my kit. Ive just done his living room and
He was adamant i should charge him full whack but I just charged him a cheaper day rate. Again he bought mats and washed all my kit off. He was happy and I was happy. He fixes phones for a living and has done 2 for me and one for someone off here foc. Mum sister and uncle get all work done free of charge just supply the mats. Im lucky enough to have a skill that people will pay alot of money for and if I can save my family money im all for it.

never ever work for free or drop your rates for family or freinds, a plumber i know is owed 700.00 off his brother in law from last xmas, nothing wrong with work just wont pay it, now dont send cards to each other/kids dont get presents/caused a big family fall out, if i do any work for family /freinds i dont charge any different

tight fisted ****

I done a kitchen ceiling for my Cousin on Wedneday when i was ill, refused to take any dosh from him, so he stuck a card through the door tonight with £150:00 and a note saying cheers,it still a £100 cheaper than the chepest quote i got.

Working for friends, family or neighbours is the easiest way of falling out with them. I always try and make myself to busy but let one of my lads do it direct at fiddle job prices. They still think they have a bargain and I have no fear of losing their friendship.

I have in the past worked for friends foc in return for them doing jobs for me in the future. Never happens.

Sod it don't have friends that way you wont feel bad about getting paid for what you spent all them years learning to get paid for

Status
Not open for further replies.