getting nic out of trowel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Was doing bit of skimming today with few other lads and a labourer and few other people on the job. Fcuked off to the shop at lunch time and when I came back, I noticed my skimming trowel was moved. Didn't think nothing of it untill finishing my next hit. Wee small chip out of it, not much but enough to notice it on my finish!

Some c**t has it scrapped something with it or dropped it but no one is owning up.

What I want to know, what's best method of getting this out. TBH, its happen before during the years but I've just always went out and Boughy a new one. Now, I'm looking to see of I can fix it rather than forking out another 50€ for a new one.

Was just last week was chatting about chipping trowels on here and now its only gone and happened!! :(

Grinding stone[emoji106] rub gently with bit of water.
If it's very small I find sand paper works ok to and then just finish it with super fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was doing bit of skimming today with few other lads and a labourer and few other people on the job. Fcuked off to the shop at lunch time and when I came back, I noticed my skimming trowel was moved. Didn't think nothing of it untill finishing my next hit. Wee small chip out of it, not much but enough to notice it on my finish!

Some c**t has it scrapped something with it or dropped it but no one is owning up.

What I want to know, what's best method of getting this out. TBH, its happen before during the years but I've just always went out and Boughy a new one. Now, I'm looking to see of I can fix it rather than forking out another 50€ for a new one.

Was just last week was chatting about chipping trowels on here and now its only gone and happened!! :(
Take it to your local butchers

Use a fine file or oil/wet stone on the back face of the edge affected, obviously make sure you work along the whole length of the affected face.
Do not try to do it on the business side of the trowel or when you use it it will feel like a rake being dragged over top soil (y)

Rub it on a concrete block. Dry at first, then wet it after a few mins. Keeps it straight this way too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is the nic?? As the lads have said wet and dry stone etc or even a piece of knocked off old sand cement mortar works if you havnt got a stone? Plus murder the f**k**g lot of them for lying !!! Go in tomorrow with a chainsaw. Before firing it up tell them calmly that you are going to maim them all till one of them owns up or they grass on the culprit?? Still maim them all as nobody likes a snitch !!!

How bad is the nic?? As the lads have said wet and dry stone etc or even a piece of knocked off old sand cement mortar works if you havnt got a stone? Plus murder the f**k**g lot of them for lying !!! Go in tomorrow with a chainsaw. Before firing it up tell them calmly that you are going to maim them all till one of them owns up or they grass on the culprit?? Still maim them all as nobody likes a snitch !!!

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Knife sharpening stone, always got one on the van, because you'll always find one plaster boarded head sticking out some where and it's always your blade that finds it, or if on site use a thermalite block works a treat.

getting nic out of trowel!!!
You must be this fella then wondered where he'd gone new trowel everytime must be rolling in it plasterers treat their trowel like their baby... The chainsaw thing would be funny though

View attachment 10501 You must be this fella then wondered where he'd gone new trowel everytime must be rolling in it plasterers treat their trowel like their baby... The chainsaw thing would be funny though

That's the boom years here in Ireland for ya, we just bought new stuff rather than even look to fix! Spoilt bastards!

As for your post above, fs I've clicked that play button 5 times and was wondering why the fcuk it wouldn't play for me :loco:. Must be that time of day :reloco:

A friend of mine worked for John Paul in the good times.If a wheelbarrow got punctured they'd throw it in the skip.

A friend of mine worked for John Paul in the good times.If a wheelbarrow got punctured they'd throw it in the skip.

Bet the same guys wouldn't think twice about getting puncture fixed now! I've seen boomtime millionaires collecting and cutting up wooden pallets to get a few quid now. Changed times indeed!

You tight arse
1.turn it upside-down and use the side with no Nic

2.if it's a nela sf then snap the end off then take photo and ask Ryan for another one,just blame the trowel though and don't say you broke it

3.send it to @Rossi46 for his new range of trowels coming out late 2016

You tight arse
1.turn it upside-down and use the side with no Nic

2.if it's a nela sf then snap the end off then take photo and ask Ryan for another one,just blame the trowel though and don't say you broke it

3.send it to @Rossi46 for his new range of trowels coming out late 2016

Lol.

Its an MT, had it few years now and attached to the thing. Feeling emotional now its hurt :(

that s**t ain't scary if u wanna s**t them up goin in with a ball gag, lube and duck tape and tell then ur gonna bugger every last one of them up the shitbox

Status
Not open for further replies.