going round lights

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey fellas how do you go round lights when skimming ceilings. mine look a bit scruffy i trwel out from the light but can never seem to leave it without some small ridges always being there if you see what i mean. nice one. any tips:RpS_biggrin:

thanks john i mean pendants i unscrew the cover to get it close to the base but when i trwel out from it there is always one edge that i ca'nt trowel out. when it dries it looks rough there but okay everywhere else on the ceiling

Trowel through it, Dave, like if you were driving through a roundabout and going straight on if you see what mean. Takes practice. Or you could try the little yellow plastic scrapers they sell in Wilkos. They're great.

Gibbos is the way to go , by sounds of it your plastering the base part of the light in ? Then screwing the face back on ? **** job if u ask me , lights are fittings and fixtures they should be sitting on the dace of the plasterwork :) xxx

Never let it be said that this forum does not provide viable solutions to all trade related problems

thanks john i mean pendants i unscrew the cover to get it close to the base but when i trwel out from it there is always one edge that i ca'nt trowel out. when it dries it looks rough there but okay everywhere else on the ceiling
When you unscrew cover then take the screws out that hold the base to the ceiling and pull down a bit then you are not messing around trying to get it neat round the base

thank you lazer ctplastering and ashleycoombe. that is what i meant that i am just skimming round the fixture after unscrewing the fitting. seems obvious now when i do plugs i unscrew them but never thioghyt about pendants:RpS_thumbup:

Posts like this just annoy me, arnt we supposed to be plasterers??? .....how do you plaster around lights? **** me man!!

dave the troll has got to be the best wind up since FineFatArseBullShittFinnish these are the only 2 on here that made me want to punch someone:RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.