grafting away

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Hey lads ok few things, been looking at the option of grafting away from home still in the UK though, and was talking to a sparky who i'm working with atm who is from scotland.

He travels to work away from scotland in his van, doesn't pay for bnb's or out like that, just kips in his van has a little living quater and showers and s**t like that in leisure centre's or wherever he can, he does his research....heard nowt like it.

anyone do this? it sounds pretty pikey but i bet he's bringing in some coin?

I wouldn't personally, as i like a bit of luxury so i'd bnb it, but just wondering if any one else does it or has done(No pikey)

sod that shite !!!! get in a b&b sod living in the van, tell him he needs to take that sticker off the van that says 'no tools left in the van over night' because there defo is :RpS_lol:

Feck that kippin in a van!! Especially in winter, get in some proper digs, worked away when I was younger, but couldn't be arsed with it now I would miss the wife and kids..........................yeh that'll be feckin right:RpS_lol:

yea i wouldnt kip in a van mate **** that, i've already said i'd get digs no matter the price cos i'd actually like to have a decent shower n that...but he does it more often that not.

aye the moneys a little better away from here tbh, thats why i'm contemplating it.

Its ok for sparky's as they always have clean smart cloths and nice cleen posh vans and as for washing he prob rubs him self down with £20 notes after bathing in the finest champagne . After all they do think that they are the royalty of the building trade.also i bet his van doubles as his rape van and he drives around different cities at night stalking his prey being very careful not to leave any DNA traces.

Haha class^

aye he's got some wedge like....i suppose being a jew has its benefits, thing i don't get is, is that his vans full of stella crates near his little bed he built etc, probably spends more on drink that he would in a bnb, he's not all there like.

Grass him up to the feds for driving while intoxicated .That should teach him for leaving all the cable hanging out of the boxes.:RpS_thumbsup:

Sounds good to me like. Maybe a chavelodge at the weekend. I've toyed with the idea of living on a narrowboat before.... A simple life and all that.

used to work away a bit when worked for building firm always stayed in b&b though sod that van crap ,Newmarket was best place ever stopped so right nice posh totty up there right into us notts builders lol

I've been on the road since I was 15 or so. Hitched around the world, camped for free, always found work be it on the sites, knocking on peoples doors asking if they needed painting done, busking, juggling, whittling wax elephants. Always saved some money for the winter then would put up a tipi and live it large.
I don't think it's 'pikey' at all. I think there's a lot to be said about making some money, paying s**t back....money talks in this world and offers security. When I first came to England I found a lot of people were so focused on structure, moving up this constant ladder and the like. **** that.
Saying that now. I'm wanting to settle down for a bit, learn the trade....it's left me painted a bit thin....and I think my girlfriend has stopped appreciating it as much ;).....But yeah. I fully intend to get a van in the future and just go where the work is. Just need someone to teach me first! (hijacked thread alert)

does your lass know your gonna get a van and leave her after just a few years of settled downment?

I've been on the road since I was 15 or so. Hitched around the world, camped for free, always found work be it on the sites, knocking on peoples doors asking if they needed painting done, busking, juggling, whittling wax elephants. Always saved some money for the winter then would put up a tipi and live it large.
I don't think it's 'pikey' at all. I think there's a lot to be said about making some money, paying s**t back....money talks in this world and offers security. When I first came to England I found a lot of people were so focused on structure, moving up this constant ladder and the like. **** that.
Saying that now. I'm wanting to settle down for a bit, learn the trade....it's left me painted a bit thin....and I think my girlfriend has stopped appreciating it as much ;).....But yeah. I fully intend to get a van in the future and just go where the work is. Just need someone to teach me first! (hijacked thread alert)
Do you eat Hedgehogs?.

She does not, but I do drop her subtle hints like......'I'm going to get a van and leave you even though I'm enjoying this fabulous routine and these wonderful pancakes.'

Not hedgehogs (i'm way too oral sensitive), but I've got out of my way to drive over a few wild boar in my time. You can live off one of those feckers for months.

Done years of it when i was a young man all over the world in fact but wouldnt consider it nowadays especialy if i was in a steady relationship but did have some memorable times though.

I think Keith is a bit pat and mick somehow Ian, going Spain in 2 weeks mate but gonna give Benny a miss still dont think ime over the last trip, took the new chick out last night, wined and dined then onto another pub with entertainement she drove as she said she dont realy drink left the pub at closing and she goes arse over tits and she has got some so chucked her in the car and i had to drive, got her home and PVAd her, in the morning she said she didnt go over because she was drunk but she had forgotten to take her anti depressants FFS FIND ME A NORMAL ONE, always pessamistic Wozza.

I think Keith is a bit pat and mick somehow Ian, going Spain in 2 weeks mate but gonna give Benny a miss still dont think ime over the last trip, took the new chick out last night, wined and dined then onto another pub with entertainement she drove as she said she dont realy drink left the pub at closing and she goes arse over tits and she has got some so chucked her in the car and i had to drive, got her home and PVAd her, in the morning she said she didnt go over because she was drunk but she had forgotten to take her anti depressants FFS FIND ME A NORMAL ONE, always pessamistic Wozza.
What is Pat and mick ,and do i really want to know ?

ive heard that those welsh birds had such a good night that theyv moved out there lol (good result really just another 3,006,398 to get rid of :RpS_lol:)you off to your house with the new bird? itll be good for her depression. dont think I could find you a normal one mate, i think you attract them :RpS_scared:

keith dont you know what pat and mick is?

Last edited:
ive heard that those welsh birds had such a good night that theyv moved out there lol (good result really just another 3,006,398 to get rid of :RpS_lol:)you off to your house with the new bird? itll be good for her depression. dont think I could find you a normal one mate, i think you attract them :RpS_scared:

kieth dont you know what pat and mick is?
no mate sorry but i do know how to spell my name !

Status
Not open for further replies.