greetings from london

Staff online

Status
Not open for further replies.

galway

Hello everyone,

I'm a plasterer with eighteen years experience who's currently looking for work. I'm originally from Leeds but at present I am based in Palmers Green, North London.

I left Leeds last year, the building industry up north had come to a virtual stand still. I managed to keep myself working up to March this year. Since then I can't find a thing. I've contacted all the contractors in London that I can think of and nothing seems to be happening.

I would appreciate some feedback from other spreads on this site. Are some of you guys going through a similar experience? If so, can you see things getting better any time soon?

Of course, I would be extremely grateful if any of you could put any work my way.

In all my years in building, I've never known times to be as tough.

I look forward to using this forum and hopefully making some productive connections.

Cheers for that Barryed. Phoned them up, said they may have something. We'll see what happens.

Are McDermotts still operating? I worked for them years ago. Tried phoning them today but can't get thru on the number i've got. I even tried BDL.

galway said:
No mate, I'm Yorkshire. Parents are Irish though.
Firstly i'd like to say hello
I’m originally from The Pool, married a middeleton girl 25 years ago, lived in wigan for 16 yrs, Parents are from park Athenry
What part of Yorkshire you from?
Steve

Hi Pal, It's Colin. Originally from Huddersfield, live in Leeds but now temporarily Stuck in the smoke.

galway said:
Hi Pal, It's Colin. Originally from Huddersfield, live in Leeds but now temporarily Stuck in the smoke.
Hi Colin, spent many a year in the smoke, lived on Alexandra park rd, wood green, bell size village, Tottenham and used to drink in The Fishmongers Arms, Highgate, and played guitar in the Ardra club, Cricklewood, done a bit of plastering on the way ;D

grand wizard said:
i used to drink in the fishmongers many moons ago

I was grafting all over the north and central London in 1983 living in digs having one of the best times of my life, when plastering was plastering, mixing with a bit of 2x1 and a cog of a bike oooh ahh ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.