Had my back doors smashed in..

say no to renault

Like any old van it's luck of the draw, I've worked all over the country with that van and it's never skipped a beat, someone else with the same van might of broken down a dozen times. That's just for work here's my weekend runaround..

Nice motor [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry didn't mean to mislead, i meant the bald feller in the background is my weekend runaround, the car ruins the shot. Joking aside that car was in the car park of my local, tidy looking motor

Claim claim claim... Genuine injury claims fine, but chasing the invented whiplash payout just because everyone else is doing it is what's going wrong in society. And I'm the abnormal one supposedly.

Claim claim claim... Genuine injury claims fine, but chasing the invented whiplash payout just because everyone else is doing it is what's going wrong in society. And I'm the abnormal one supposedly.

I'm with you on this. Sad sad world we live in and so people always say you shouldn't chase money at work when people would commit fraud to get a few grand. I bet they would moan if someone claimed on them.

Reactions: Pug
It's not that surprising that it'd be written off when you think about it. Repair/replace the doors and paint, replace the sign writing, hire of a replacement van for a week etc. soon mounts up.

As for the 'claim for everything you can' approach, why do you think insurance is so dear? That's right, greedy short sighted morons grabbing a few quid.

Get your agreed amount of value back for the van, buy the van back off the insurance company for £100, dont fix it, get it vosa checked for £80 and re mot it then sale for £1500 ono or keep it and spend your payout on prostitutes

I've bought 2 total loss vans back from insurance companies. Quids in after fixing them up. A lot of insurance companies won't insure them tho, meaning you'll end up paying a premium to cover it

It's not that surprising that it'd be written off when you think about it. Repair/replace the doors and paint, replace the sign writing, hire of a replacement van for a week etc. soon mounts up.

As for the 'claim for everything you can' approach, why do you think insurance is so dear? That's right, greedy short sighted morons grabbing a few quid.
Agree,
They say 15% of the cost of your premiums is to cover fraudulent payout claims that they can't prove are fraudulent such as whiplash, it's a sad state of affairs.

Agree,
They say 15% of the cost of your premiums is to cover fraudulent payout claims that they can't prove are fraudulent such as whiplash, it's a sad state of affairs.

I imagine the amount to cover inflated claims is the same ore more. So if you take the two together your insurance would be a third less than it is now if people stopped acting the goat.

It's a subject that riles as it happened to my Mrs,
Some Asians in a car, slammed all on at a junction last year, (on purpose) now luckily she was barely moving but she was in a big car-a Range Rover, still it barely touched there car, they all got out holding there necks and all sorts. 2 ambulances where called police, all at the cost to the tax payer, they claimed all sorts about 30k in total plus damage to there car, hers didn't even get a graze,in the end it got thrown out but cost every party a great deal of stress and expense.

Some Asians in a car, slammed all on at a junction last year, (on purpose) now luckily she was barely moving but she was in a big car-a Range Rover, still it barely touched there car, they all got out holding there necks and all sorts. 2 ambulances where called police, all at the cost to the tax payer, they claimed all sorts about 30k in total plus damage to there car, hers didn't even get a graze,in the end it got thrown out but cost every party a great deal of stress and expense.

That crash for cash bullsh1t is why I got a dash cam for the van. It's irritating that people seem to think milking it a bit after a minor bump is in anyway different from a full on crash for cash fraud.

What's funny is most whiplash does not come on for a few days after the crash

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

well ours wasnt a scam. think its just pakistanis that. the old fella just carried on at a junction, didnt even stop, straight into the side of her. missus had to go to physio for months. still suffers as a consequence today. cant drive on motorways without going dizzy because her head inclines to one side or something and restricts the blood flow. they should have jailed him and thrown away the key

That was going all over England it was a big thing a couple of years ago.

They used to go around in shitty cars with and slam the anchors on for no reason and claim to the highest degree.

They also used to work in gangs of two cars and hit the brakes on and roll into there mates in front claiming they were smashed from behind.

Its a sad thing to do to get money, if I had them try it with me id reverse and smash into them at high speed and make sure there hurt, or get the crow bar out.

They used to go around in shitty cars with and slam the anchors on for no reason and claim to the highest degree.

They also used to work in gangs of two cars and hit the brakes on and roll into there mates in front claiming they were smashed from behind.

Its a sad thing to do to get money, if I had them try it with me id reverse and smash into them at high speed and make sure there hurt, or get the crow bar out.

Your 6'7 why the foook would you need a crow bar!!! Lol

Oh and while were on the subject of false claims.

A couple of years ago I was driving my van, it was my First van so my insurance was dear being commercial.

I had a woman in front of me on a hill I was average space behind her say a couple of metres, she went to pull away and rolled into the front of my van, she literally tapped my van there was no damage to either car.

What did she do?

Got out her car shouting and balling saying I drove into her, making a scene asking if other people seen it blah blah blah, I got out calmly told her to calm down and she said "you dont intimate me" I was like ok F off, thanks for rolling into my van its not my fault you cant drive. She said her car may not have visible damage but it could have internal damage to which I replyed "yes you do inside your effing head'

Anyway she took a picture of my van I told her to fack off and sort her life out. 6 months later I get a letter through the door I apparently left the scene of a accident!

Reported to the local police station and they waved it off saying we will have to sort it out through insurance company's, her company contacted me direct making a big mistake of giving me her name and address which was 5 minutes down the road from me.

My insurance company who I had at the time organized a vehicle assessor to check my van and deemed it as no visible damage in the likes of a crash.

The claim was eventually dropped on her side, I thought about going for harassment just to piss her off but in the end a hand written letter by myself basically saying I WON left behind her wiper on her car done it for me.

I wanted to paint stripper it but thought it'll be to obvious.

That crash for cash bullsh1t is why I got a dash cam for the van. It's irritating that people seem to think milking it a bit after a minor bump is in anyway different from a full on crash for cash fraud.
dash cams are the way forward.

indeed, they prey on lone females with decent cars as there likely to be fully comp etc.

indeed, they prey on lone females with decent cars as there likely to be fully comp etc.

and sign written vans because they think it'd be too much hassle to fight it and the insurance companies will just pay up.

What dash cam you got Larry? Simple enough to use?

What dash cam you got Larry? Simple enough to use?

I've got a roadhawk, but there are loads of them available now. Lee picked one up in Halfords a little while back. Basically they're fit and forget, well, after you've played back a few recordings as it's a new toy. (y)

are dash cams admissible in court?

Yes, they've been used in loads of accident investigations. Some insurance companies even give discounts if they're fitted as there's no such thing as a knock for knock or disputed claim with them.

I have a headcam for my bike but I am binning that off next year and going for a slightly more discreet one on the bike...

I like the idea of them but on the other hand it really screw you if you have a slightly lead foot

There's an estimated two million of them in use on UK roads. So you're likely to be on someone's anyway. You can be prosecuted for reckless/dangerous/without due care on footage from someone else's camera. I think it's a good thing as it's going to put the blame where it belongs instead of spreading the cost around.

Someone cuts you up, weaves around the road, overtakes in a bad spot, blasts past well over the limit etc. etc. and you just send in the footage. In other words, drive like a c**t and you're more likely than ever to get nicked. (y)