Hardwall cracked once dry

Members online

Dudu

Hi guys, first post on here but been reading up and learning from lots of you all for a while now.
We took our chimney breast down recently and needed to build our brick wall up flush with the existing wall either side and silly me thought I could manage it. Effectively there’s already a lot of cracking after just 6 or 7 hours presumably from high suction.

Feeling quite gutted and deflated to be honest after initially feeling quite happy with how it went. the attached pics are close ups as the swirls are only small scratches made with a devil float.

Does this all need to come off and start again with better suction prevention? Mrs asssured me she did 2 coats of PVA but starting to wonder how effective this was.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
It will be fine ,Hardwall cracks and crazies its another bg delight, you should have used their very good value for money primer.
Finish will aso probably crack and craze too unless you control suction.
I sure a bg rep will be in touch to sell a reasonably priced product to fix its shortcomings.

This cracks are nothing to worry about. The top coats will fill it all in and bind it together. Just as long as you use PVA or some other plaster primer to control suction.