hardwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

has this gone out of fashion or something.

never have to use this because on our jobs we will usually dot n dab.

i work on domestic properties, but do they use hardwall on big sites?

builder was suggesting i used it on the last extension i did. Couple of rooms were old lead paint and he wanted me to go over the top with hardwall...is this ok? he said it was fine for low suction backgrounds...anyway i talked him into dot & dab the lot. Looking back though its probably alot cheaper to hardwall over d & d material cost.

I used hardwall to patch around fireplace mixed 50/50 hardwall/multi patched it up came out looking spot on...can only really be done if area is going to be papered after.

does plasterboard have the same thermal/sound qualities as h/wall? ..............bring back sand cement purleeeeeease people skimming boards boring :mad:

we did a big job beginning of the year using hardwall first time we use it for about 5 years just been skimming out apartments

got a job starting in jan with hardwall

Tommy

hardwalls for high/medium suction backgrounds and bubbles like a trooper when skimmed the next day, how did you use to get on with browning back in the day tommy i chat to old time spreads and they loved skimming it the next day

I can remember it we used to mix it half and half with regular browning as hsb was twice the price and the bags were huuuuge :eek:

ah fook it just use h/wall it's nicer to use and it's not our house is it :D

so would you go straight onto paint with hardwall? stuff seems to stick like s%?t to a blanket.

yea thats what i was thinking...told builder that he told me just to roughen up the wall with a hammer!

yea thats what i was thinking...told builder that he told me just to roughen up the wall with a hammer!

Might do it but you would be better with a needle gun but it would be quicker to just gyp bond it

hardwalls for high/medium suction backgrounds and bubbles like a trooper when skimmed the next day, how did you use to get on with browning back in the day tommy i chat to old time spreads and they loved skimming it the next day

Yeah browning was fine alot easier to mix up with than hardwall but in them days it was mixed with a shovel no mixing drill

skimmed it same day with carlite finish which in my opinion was the best finish plaster ever made

Tommy

freed if youve got painted blockwork bond it and use thistle/carlite???.....bonding mate

Status
Not open for further replies.