Hawk

The ramboo is very similar to the ox. It's aluminium, will bend eventually. But the mtown one I had was. Literally banana's after less than 2weeks and seen no abuse bar what it was supposedly designed for, holding hawkfuls of stuff. Pure utter shite, never again. I will get a Magnesium one again at some stage likely, depends how long this one lasts as I could buy 4 for price 1 magnesium. Lol

Speaks volumes.
i have said before andyg is a good experienced plasterer ,whose sole mission on this forum is to wind people up,before the mother ship comes back down for him,....but he is a good plasterer who uses a handboard

Calm down Hector, it's a hawk. It's been called a hawk since they were first used, check any old plasterer books. So called because they are held just as a falconer holds his hawks or falcons.
never called it a hawk up here andy,....... a board which you hold in your hand is therefore called a handboard,...a hawk is a feathery thing that flies about,......

i can sense our southern freinds gathering together, torches lit,pitch forks at the ready ready to head north,others will be writing letters to the telegraph/questions asked in the house of commons/ interviews on radio 4,.........do not be angry with them my fellow handboarders they just need some guidance,.....counselling/samaritans/ handbord.com helpline/see there local doctor,....they will see sense and realise its called a handboard
:LOL: I think it got proven it was called a hawk in a similar thread.

never called it a hawk up here andy,....... a board which you hold in your hand is therefore called a handboard,...a hawk is a feathery thing that flies about,......
A handboard, as used originally, didn't have a handle. Some bright spark down in Essex thought that it would be a good idea to put a handle in the centre of the board to make handling less stressful on the wrist. Because it sat nicely on the hand it was given the monica 'hawk'.
Because northerners, particularly those from Yorkshire, can't stand the thought that they didn't come up with the idea they refused to adopt the correct name even though they used the new, improved tool.

A handboard, as used originally, didn't have a handle. Some bright spark down in Essex thought that it would be a good idea to put a handle in the centre of the board to make handling less stressful on the wrist. Because it sat nicely on the hand it was given the monica 'hawk'.
Because northerners, particularly those from Yorkshire, can't stand the thought that they didn't come up with the idea they refused to adopt the correct name even though they used the new, improved tool.

Us from Yorkshire just pick spot board up with our teeth n shove it on with 900 speedy. Up north it's called a not soft like you southern pansies