Hello old lab back again

Bristol1

Hello all was here couple years ago but it deleted me..

Used to come on here always asking for work and finally got on with a group of lads doing everything site domestic internal external spraying etc..

This only lasted about 3 years cos work just went dead and they all split off did there own thing but I still wanted to learn the trade but no one could take me on I used to mix up for free and that when was a kid just to learn just used to rock up onto sites but can't afford to do that I'm 28 and got a little boy so can't fuxk about. I'm a grafter I'm a semi pro boxer aswell so fit aswell just have to put up with the occasional black eye! always just wanted to learn the trade the right way I even did the college s**t level 2 now and all that stuff that doesn't get you anywhere just wanna learn it properly

Hopefully someone sees this in Bristol area my number is 07512089002 got my own tools not driving at moment test in June couple years experience as lab

Cheers

After 3 years experience just set up yourself, a bit of self belief and you'll be fine
Fair comment but still think I need to go back to basics to get back into it, ive been out of it for a while and I was just a labourer mixing up putting bags in maintaining machines, little bit of edge work laying on when I could. think there's too many people out there that just do couple years labour or college then go straight out there

Used to come on here always asking for work and finally got on with a group of lads doing everything site domestic internal external spraying etc..

This only lasted about 3 years cos work just went dead and they all split off did there own thing but I still wanted to learn the trade but no one could take me on I used to mix up for free and that when was a kid just to learn just used to rock up onto sites but can't afford to do that I'm 28 and got a little boy so can't fuxk about. I'm a grafter I'm a semi pro boxer aswell so fit aswell just have to put up with the occasional black eye! always just wanted to learn the trade the right way I even did the college s**t level 2 now and all that stuff that doesn't get you anywhere just wanna learn it properly

Hopefully someone sees this in Bristol area my number is 07512089002 got my own tools not driving at moment test in June couple years experience as lab

Cheers
Try jmt plastering based in Taunton there on Facebook! He's always looking for patchers/ plasterers they have sites going on all over the southwest. John tong you need to speak to.

How much of the trade do you know? What can you do?

I know it's a bit controversial on here but a lot of guys on here can't do every aspect of the trade.. and on the other end of the spectrum there are plastering God's on here.

Algee for example generally just skims but pays more in tax than some of us earn in a year.

Do you know enough to get out there by starting small? I will say though don't go out on your own until you are ready.. I f**k*d up a lot of things along the way to get where I am now, wish I knew what I know now.

How much of the trade do you know? What can you do?

I know it's a bit controversial on here but a lot of guys on here can't do every aspect of the trade.. and on the other end of the spectrum there are plastering God's on here.

Algee for example generally just skims but pays more in tax than some of us earn in a year.

Do you know enough to get out there by starting small? I will say though don't go out on your own until you are ready.. I f**k*d up a lot of things along the way to get where I am now, wish I knew what I know now.
Probably a half decent amount of knowledge on external and internal but knowledge is only half I soaked a lot up as a lab I suppose but doing it is another thing don't really feel like I've served enough time to just go out there yet.

Done a bit of everything was pretty good with k rend coloured renders cos doing that pretty much everyday machine plastering was good at scratching down fucxing amazing at keeping tidy after doing it so long but could never get on it enough to actually learn .used to have to keep 3-5 spreads going on scaff mix up by hand and machines running them from the bottom then would be inside same house mixing up hardwall loads of blokes that would basically try clear there spot before I get back up paha c**ts and obviously skimmed loads of cupboards and s**t all the little awkward places in a house that no one will see !

Was just getting onto skimming ceilings when it all went quiet. Done loads of tyrolean s&c floating Think I'm ok with that but fuxk knows need more work with a big edge

Also being out of it for a few years I need to get back into the swing of that type of graft just think i should start again at the bottom and work up but won't take me long cos still keen as fuxk fit as fuxk

Thanks for your advice

Cheers

What was your old username? We don't delete as a rule so your account should be there

If you can keep five spreads going before they clean table your a machine . I struggled to keep up with two

If you can keep five spreads going before they clean table your a machine . I struggled to keep up with two
Unless you got the right stuff big mixing buckets etc baths all that bollox I could keep 3 -4 going 5 stretch with a mate and if you can get all the timing perfect but thank fuxk for machine plastering the hardest one out of it all was rendering rushing up scaffolding with buckets gets you fit as fuxk used to take one of those winches with rope hoist it up it can be done !