hi. new here. just after a bit of info

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp78

Im looking into external cement bord cladding on my house. Anyone have any recomebdations on finishing products to use on the cement boards? Also is it recomended to put a mesh in the base coat of the finishing? Thanks for any help in advance.

Im looking into external cement bord cladding on my house. Anyone have any recomebdations on finishing products to use on the cement boards? Also is it recomended to put a mesh in the base coat of the finishing? Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi There lp

Welcome to the Forum!

My name is Richard Lord and I look after the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Cement Boards - a 100% cement based, directly applied render carrier board.

Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is approved by 14 different render systems suppliers and suitable for application of lime and S&C (if a basecoat and mesh is applied first).

Yes - when using any directly applied boarded render system, the use of a thin coat basecoat and mesh to the boards is a minimum requirement, this gives the weatherproof coat and holds all of the boards together to prevent cracking!

You will find a link to the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Brochure in my signature - below. Feel free to contact me directly by phone or e mail by clicking on my forum name (top left of this post) and clicking view profile, you will then be able to find my details

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

BTW - there are a lot of experienced renderers on here who can advise finishes to suit..... feel free to let us know where you are based and the sorts of finish you are looking at

All the best

Richard Lord
07918766577 rlord@knauf.co.uk

Where abouts are Lp78? If you contact a manufacturers rep who covers your area he will be able to advise on what thin coat materials will suit your needs and give you a specification to work to.

Status
Not open for further replies.