Hi plaster masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Builderboi

Hi I'm a long time reader first time poster( there are many of us who lurk in the shadows) lol done a fair bit of plastering and lots of help of here!, used tons of s and c internally gona be useing hard wall for the first time and I always have trouble floating it( previously with bonding) just wondering if you could impart some wisdom on this dark art. And thanks!

Hi guys! Errrr nooo I'm a southerner Henry! A southamptoner in fact!thanks johno so I dnt need to float it with a poly like s and c?

Welcome along mate.

Yes you will need to float it up with a poly float with a couple of nails in it, to consolidate the surface giving a denser plaster. The nails should only just poke through the float a tad, leaving lines in the hardwall as a key for the skimming.

Hope that all makes sense.

The floating of undercoats is often called rubbing up. The float with the nails/screws through is known as a devil float.

Cheers for all the replays guys! Yes I know to devil float as I have always done previously on s and c what I meant was do I rub up with a poly to take out highs and lows with hard wall? Thank you... Need to brush up on the technical terms! So sorry if I annoy anyone.

Cheers for all the replays guys! Yes I know to devil float as I have always done previously on s and c what I meant was do I rub up with a poly to take out highs and lows with hard wall? Thank you... Need to brush up on the technical terms! So sorry if I annoy anyone.
Not at all annoying...

You will do that when your rubbing up with devil float.

Status
Not open for further replies.