HOLE IN CEILING

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay73

iv a job soon where there's a hole in the ceiling, about 4 by 4 inch.what im going to do is cut the plaster off around the hole ( to the plasterboard)about an inch around the hole,as i cant seem to find any scrim cloth could i get away with scrim tape instead ? :-/

you could try this...
find a piece of timber 20mm x 8mm x 200mm approx...
wind a screw in the middle of it..
feed it up into the hole so it sits equally across the hole so you can hold onto it with the screw facing down
send a drywall into each end through the plasterboard so its gripped, you hold onto the centre screw to keep it against the back edge of the board while to wind the end screws in
youve now got something to fix to
cut a peice of plasterboard same shape and size as the hole and screw it to your timber 'lath'
scrim the edges
patch it in

done it that way segs,with the wood batten, ud never know there was a hole there,cheers mate ;D ;D ;D

ah easy when you know how :cool: some daft sods at college seem to think just loading your trowel and shoving a load of bonding in will somehow work ::) common sense, whats than then? ;D still funny to hear them shout and swear when their floating blob repair falls oto the floor, ah the simple things in life :)

A hole?
In gyproc (plasterboard) you need something to fill the whole with.
Either do the old screw in a bit of gyproc, or you can use one of those 'Vol...' something, patchup doo da's.
Or just do the auld patch and repair, whith the gyproc, whith some muck behind it.
Lwt it set, then fill it.

I dunno what kinda plastering skills you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.