hot weather

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

anybody rendering in this weather I always give rendering/dashing etc a miss this time of year concentrate on inside seen so many rendering jobs fail because of the heat I seen some boys hacking off two jobs this week don't know if it is related to the weather but I have learnt from experience rather it a bit cooler anybody had any rendering fail in this weather thanks

not had a problem myself, I would rather not be grafting in the sun but sometimes schedules dont afford the luxury

We have two mono jobs on the go and have done the north and east sides but now shut down. Laid 3 men off and it has caused a big fall out! They want to chance it but chance what? It could take weeks, months or a year or two for it to fail by which time they have been paid and gone but muggings here offering a guarantee is expected to pay again!

No thanks, cheaper to sit in the house watching homes under the hammer and send in the Sherrifs all day. Labourer has quit on principle and my other spread walked off the job at dinner time. He never has been any good in the heat. So bugger it i am going to catch up on the paper work and then might go for a walk over the moors at day break. Just me, sheep and grouse.

Seen to many jobs fail. Sod em!

We have two mono jobs on the go and have done the north and east sides but now shut down. Laid 3 men off and it has caused a big fall out! They want to chance it but chance what? It could take weeks, months or a year or two for it to fail by which time they have been paid and gone but muggings here offering a guarantee is expected to pay again!

No thanks, cheaper to sit in the house watching homes under the hammer and send in the Sherrifs all day. Labourer has quit on principle and my other spread walked off the job at dinner time. He never has been any good in the heat. So bugger it i am going to catch up on the paper work and then might go for a walk over the moors at day break. Just me, sheep and grouse.

Doesn't sound good mate, I've done mono jobs in the blazing sun before...haven't had a problem it's more forgiving than most.

funny that this has been mentioned cos weve given up today aswell, it said 27c in van at dinner time, packed up and mothballed the site and came home to cut my grass. never know a warm spell like it, makes the job that much harder. ive got a right rio Ferdinand neck at the moment.
think we'lll go and start an acrylic job tomorrow north facing.

Lol, I've had that conversation with regular customers before..."Too cold, too wet, too hot, when's it ever right?"

Covered the east side up with netting and sun was off at 1 pm. Bricks was to warm so the heat off the bricks would have dried the render out too quick.

not worth the risk imo. But each to their own.

:RpS_scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.