How much in a day

Members online

No members online now.
I've always said you don't earn your money on the tools you earn it when you're out quoting, pick the right customers charm them with your professionalism, that's where the money is not square metres

yup... always said it from day 1...

tbf mate the profit is only really beer money, it’s more the equity and lending power it brings. First one i did was able to pull my initial investment out after renovation remorg.

Looking into a hmo conversion at min

yu have been watching too many samuel leeds videos

End of day carys it's not the area you live in..if so branch out..its how you sell yourself,buisness etc got to give the gab of s**t etc..I'm not plastering somebody's living room or box bedroom for £150 plus mats..ain't happening I price what the job is worth not how long it will take me..if I get a hint of the customer being a prick asking how long it will take etc as in trying to work out how much I'm earning i add on 30%..its called prick tax in my area..

Exact;y that...

the only downfall is when "you" the plasterer needs the money and you dump prices because you need the money.... the less you want it the more you get!!!

interesting thread this :D

I have a couple of offices and some garages and land etc etc 10 years that is all paid off....

the trouble with the british...(myself included) is that they want to "own" everything where big companies are would rather "control" everything...

I will have a few more properties in the next few years... i already have a few things that create me a passive income...

also.... @Lodan mentioned about tax on mortgages.... that is only if you own them personally... stick the properties in a Ltd company and you dont get all that...

There are also many other tax benefits and as I am not a tax advisor it is bets to see an accountant....

End of day carys it's not the area you live in..if so branch out..its how you sell yourself,buisness etc got to give the gab of s**t etc..I'm not plastering somebody's living room or box bedroom for £150 plus mats..ain't happening I price what the job is worth not how long it will take me..if I get a hint of the customer being a prick asking how long it will take etc as in trying to work out how much I'm earning i add on 30%..its called prick tax in my area..

The sad thing is that these guys skimming rooms out for £150 will be by far the cheapest price the customer got.. (although they don't think it as in their head there's people working for £120 a day.. doing the same as they do).

I ask my customers regularly if they got other prices.. very rarely am I the most expensive, usually in the middle, the prices are usually fairly similar.. so to all the guys charging peanuts, stop it, you are the only ones doing it! Most customers don't go with you just because you're dirt cheap either.. clearly.. otherwise the rest of us would never be working, so the only customers you are winning are the scummy tight f**k**s that couldn't give a toss about anyone but themselves.

The sad thing is that these guys skimming rooms out for £150 will be by far the cheapest price the customer got.. (although they don't think it as in their head there's people working for £120 a day.. doing the same as they do).

I ask my customers regularly if they got other prices.. very rarely am I the most expensive, usually in the middle, the prices are usually fairly similar.. so to all the guys charging peanuts, stop it, you are the only ones doing it! You customers don't go with you because you're dirt cheap either.. clearly.. so the only customers you are winning are the scummy tight f**k**s that couldn't give a toss about anyone but themselves.

Always gonna get scamps mate, they’ll be rough anyway so it’s important we have them as customers then realise cheap plastering = shite plastering

I ask my customers regularly if they got other prices.. very rarely am I the most expensive, usually in the middle, the prices are usually fairly similar.. so to all the guys charging peanuts, stop it, you are the only ones doing it! Most customers don't go with you just because you're dirt cheap either.. clearly.. otherwise the rest of us would never be working, so the only customers you are winning are the scummy tight f**k**s that couldn't give a toss about anyone but themselves.
Still going on about this change tune

Always gonna get scamps mate, they’ll be rough anyway so it’s important we have them as customers then realise cheap plastering = shite plastering

I think in a lot of cases yes but I don't believe these guys are all rough, you hear it a lot on here, I think they probably are decent but just misguided, I used to be the same 'day rate blah blah'.. it's all you f**k**g hear in the building trade, as soon as you change the way you think you wonder what the f**k you were once doing.

@Djr
My books...if I turn over £35,000 I pay tax on about £19,000. I say taxed on half but it's not exactly. The £16,000 is running costs like van. Fees. Tools.

Even though it's day rate plus materials do people consider other costs. Which reminds me my waste license needs renewal and I normally buy new work ware this time of year. That's £400. Need 2 new tyres soon £135. Sds packed up but will wait for that. Also need new fan as getting noisy. Costs roll on running a business.
Never believe what folks say that earn. All bull. Figures sometimes appear on companies house online. Especially Ltd when they fold.

You are not doing anyone any favours working for rates like that....

Some of us have mortgages to pay, kids to feed as well as running a business....

I turnover just under 80k and take home around 50k and still its a struggle with the wife not working at the moment...I probably don't work any harder than you, just charge the going rate.

Maybe you live somewhere very cheap in the country...but if you went to get a mortgage down here and showed 19K earnings no chance they would just laugh in your face.

I said before I prefer day rate . I dont kill me sen I dont clean up . Dont go pricing dont fetch gear

Some of us have mortgages to pay, kids to feed as well as running a business....

I turnover just under 80k and take home around 50k and still its a struggle with the wife not working at the moment...I probably don't work any harder than you, just charge the going rate.

Maybe you live somewhere very cheap in the country...but if you went to get a mortgage down here and showed 19K earnings no chance they would just laugh in your face.
whats the average price for a 2 bedroom terrace and a 3 bedroom semi where you are freed,........up here in carlisle 2 bedroom terrace,100/120k,.........3 bedroom semi 160/180k,....all done up ready to move in

I said before I prefer day rate . I dont kill me sen I dont clean up . Dont go pricing dont fetch gear
Couple of my mates are like that, out the van do you work back in the van shut off,
envious really, I work all week then weekends on my own jobs emailing and quoting nearly every night I've got young kids growing up before my eyes tell myself I'm doing it for them but really there's nothing more important than family time as long as you've got what what you need that should be enough, I'm going to make a change after this last renovation I'm doing,

Couple of my mates are like that, out the van do you work back in the van shut off,
envious really, I work all week then weekends on my own jobs emailing and quoting nearly every night I've got young kids growing up before my eyes tell myself I'm doing it for them but really there's nothing more important than family time as long as you've got what what you need that should be enough, I'm going to make a change after this last renovation I'm doing,

I'm the other way.. live for now, rarely work weekends, turn work down if it affects my free time, take days off for hobby, spend time with the missus etc/.. however, I'll be paying my mortgage into my 60s.. you are mortgage free (I think you said?) Probably got a lot more spare cash and will have a more relaxed time in later life.

Positives of both really!

Deffo making money off fooling people. Minted tho

I am not convinced he is minted.... lots of things dont add up an all his success stories are not what they seem...

I dont think he made his money in property... fake it till he makes it

That troub

M8 it not because you live in cheap place of country. Cost of living is different all over the UK. Example rent down London is twice what we pay here price of houses ar double down south council tax is double. The only same food beer. So say I'm on 150 here you need 300 in London places becouse of cost of living

That troub

M8 it not because you live in cheap place of country. Cost of living is different all over the UK. Example rent down London is twice what we pay here price of houses ar double down south council tax is double. The only same food beer. So say I'm on 150 here you need 300 in London places becouse of cost of living

Y can't people realise on this site we are all over the UK so rate are not going to be same in every area. I live in a place wher everybody charges 150 180 day. 30 60 miles away llandudno chester you might get 200 pound a day so all depends on the area I think

Y can't people realise on this site we are all over the UK so rate are not going to be same in every area. I live in a place wher everybody charges 150 180 day. 30 60 miles away llandudno chester you might get 200 pound a day so all depends on the area I think
You must live in North Wales I can imagine things being harder there, but Cheshire is no different to the Midlands there's some money around there

I am not convinced he is minted.... lots of things dont add up an all his success stories are not what they seem...

I dont think he made his money in property... fake it till he makes it

got some portfolio for a faker mate. castles gotta be worth 30+ mil when done.