Im a roughcaster to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And had to do a 4 year apprenticeship with a company from glasgow.
Anyway these weatherby courses and knauf courses that some people are pinning there hopes on are excuse my french utter b*ll***s.
If people think a 2 day course will make them some sort of dashing superstar or a ticket to a pavement of gold im sorry to disappoint you but you will get found out big style.

Ive seen it all before guys coming onto site with the brand new trowels and chatting one load of crap about how much they are going to make.

Anyway Rant over
If you want to really learn EWI or roughcasting as its really called i would advise you to learn from a dasher or work beside one.

Anyway these weatherby courses and knauf courses that some people are pinning there hopes on are excuse my french utter b*ll***s.
If people think a 2 day course will make them some sort of dashing superstar or a ticket to a pavement of gold im sorry to disappoint you but you will get found out big style.

Ive seen it all before guys coming onto site with the brand new trowels and chatting one load of crap about how much they are going to make.

Anyway Rant over
If you want to really learn EWI or roughcasting as its really called i would advise you to learn from a dasher or work beside one.
Speaking to the converted here mostly

speaking as someone who has done a lot of dashing 2 day training just wont cut it
Its a joke these companys are ripping people off with these 2 day courses.
I know a boy who works for a major company in the uk and before he started his own training school he was a van driver.

agree but sadly...

for eco or GD where all this dash and cast work is on the whole they dont care how the job is, only how fast and how cheap and so the 2 dayer will suffice for most......
its when they come on for people like myself saying oh yeah we just did 18 months installing wetherby all over the north and they let rip on the job then you have to do it all again because its shattt thats when they get found out.

Agreed with what you say to a certain extent. We have the training school for Mapei and Knauf Insulation. It's not just as easy as it sounds to get on the course or become approved. With the Knauf insulation course for example, people will need to finish a co-assessment form before training. This form asks many questions about the individuals looking to become approved and also the company. They need work in the pipeline but also experience. If Knauf feel the company does not have enough experience or 'ability' they will not be accepted onto the course.The training days held by us or manufacturers are not to teach individuals how to become EWI Installers, but to teach them how to install the specific system. They need to know each part of the system for the manufacturer guaranteesOnce they have been on these courses does not mean they are 'approved' or will get the guarantee. The first 3/4 jobs will be visited and documented. If any shortcuts have been taken or its not upto a high enough quality the job will not be passed.

If these short coursers with limited experience are making a wage turning out shash work then surely the trained plasterers who moan about these 2 day coursers taking all the work should make a fortune on the same sites by turning out shash work and cutting corners. !!

If these short coursers with limited experience are making a wage turning out shash work then surely the trained plasterers who moan about these 2 day coursers taking all the work should make a fortune on the same sites by turning out shash work and cutting corners. !!
In principle ,but in reality, they are doing it on the cheap, no one wins, customer or tradesman. The main contractor pockets the main wedge, the courser or trade gets the hassle

Agreed with what you say to a certain extent. We have the training school for Mapei and Knauf Insulation. It's not just as easy as it sounds to get on the course or become approved. With the Knauf insulation course for example, people will need to finish a co-assessment form before training. This form asks many questions about the individuals looking to become approved and also the company. They need work in the pipeline but also experience. If Knauf feel the company does not have enough experience or 'ability' they will not be accepted onto the course.The training days held by us or manufacturers are not to teach individuals how to become EWI Installers, but to teach them how to install the specific system. They need to know each part of the system for the manufacturer guaranteesOnce they have been on these courses does not mean they are 'approved' or will get the guarantee. The first 3/4 jobs will be visited and documented. If any shortcuts have been taken or its not upto a high enough quality the job will not be passed.

So you telling me then that a job will or wont get passed unless some guy that does a course checks the works?
What about a clerk of works ?
The guys who sell the systems and card the monkeys that do these courses in my 22 years of doing roughcasting i have never seen one rep from weatherby or alumasc stop a subcontractor getting payment for bad workmanship.

You are not a plasterer or a dasher of any sort with that statement you have just said.
Do you think a subcontractor will pay you full price to sort some idiots work out ?
And it would stick in the throat of any decent tradesman to go back and sort somebody elses **** up.
Well i know it would with me

Anyway Rant over
is ewi and roughcasting the same thing tho? ..., can you turn up at one of these 2 day courses
Never had a trowel in your hand and be a ewi installer and dasher ready to go on site and wing it? Or is it aimed at plasterers. who want to get into ewi ????..:RpS_unsure:

You are not a plasterer or a dasher of any sort with that statement you have just said.
Do you think a subcontractor will pay you full price to sort some idiots work out ?
And it would stick in the throat of any decent tradesman to go back and sort somebody elses **** up.
Well i know it would with me

not sure what you're on about there .. Maybe you have mis interpreted the text. But for part of your question i would say a contractor would pay full price to correct work. once bitten twice shy etc etc..

is ewi and roughcasting the same thing tho? ..., can you turn up at one of these 2 day courses
Never had a trowel in your hand and be a ewi installer and dasher ready to go on site and wing it? Or is it aimed at plasterers. who want to get into ewi ????..:RpS_unsure:
Its aimed at anybody who has money do one of these courses
So that would be anybody
As in anybody
So joe public could do these courses

Do you see what i mean about ANYBODY can do these courses

Now where is that smiley, can't seem to find it anywhere......ah yes, here it is index.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.