Insurance

PlasterCraftDundee

Im a limited company both directors (me and my dad) are the only employees. My public liability is due and it's first time I've looked for quotes since taking over all admin for the business. Last year my policy came with employees liability insurance, but I've just had a look for quotes and got one thats like half what I got quoted to renew, everything is pretty much the same except it doesn't have employees liability insurance. Do I even need to have that?

Im a limited company both directors (me and my dad) are the only employees. My public liability is due and it's first time I've looked for quotes since taking over all admin for the business. Last year my policy came with employees liability insurance, but I've just had a look for quotes and got one thats like half what I got quoted to renew, everything is pretty much the same except it doesn't have employees liability insurance. Do I even need to have that?
Not If u havnt got any lol..we pay about £130 a year and we get employees covered business liability and public liability fck knws y its so cheap but I dnt care..ours is halifax

I read it was a legal requirement to have it if the company was limited. But like you say its not like i'm gonna claim against myself, unless it means if I hurt myself at work I would be covered by it? It's giving me a sore head, I just want to make walls and ceilings (reasonably) flat and smooth.

I read it was a legal requirement to have it if the company was limited. But like you say its not like i'm gonna claim against myself, unless it means if I hurt myself at work I would be covered by it? It's giving me a sore head, I just want to make walls and ceilings (reasonably) flat and smooth.
Its very highly unlikely ull ever claim pal tbh that's y its so cheap..ive had public and business liability for about 12 years and never claimed..sort of just there in the very worst case..more for big company's where uve got tons of workers

Turns out its not a legal requirement given both directors are the only employees, but it is an option and if I was to injure myself and the company was to blame I can claim on the policy. for example if my ladders fell apart while I was on them. Incase anyone else needed to know

Turns out its not a legal requirement given both directors are the only employees, but it is an option and if I was to injure myself and the company was to blame I can claim on the policy. for example if my ladders fell apart while I was on them. Incase anyone else needed to know
Wud u really want to sue ur own company tho lol..

It would cover me for 5 million. so yes!

It's a point often overlooked, but if the Ltd company pays a subby then your employers liability is the only cover for you if they cause you an injury. Their public liability doesn't cover you as you're not a member of the public in those circumstances.

Sounds OTT, but a bad leg break or something dropped from height can take you off the tools for a good few months.