Is Renault Trafic vans good

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
My transits an 02 ! It still ticks along like a dream! Don't look after it either.... The trafic is a nice van but it's not got2.4 meters in the back like the swb transit. I couldn't get on having to put beads n boards on the piss to fit them in

they are the same van as the vauxhall vivaro, all vans are a lucky dip. might do another 100k no bother or cost you a fortune. did 50k in a vivaro had no problems with it,got an antique renault trafic now, doesnt give me any problems

if your buying a second hand van, its only as good as the last owner regardless of make

Gearboxes on the 6 speed in all three vans are made of cheese. From birth to at leadt 2010... Not sure about after that. I think its a little cheaper to fix now tho with recon.

About 700 instead of the usual 1100

Gearboxes on the 6 speed in all three vans are made of cheese. From birth to at leadt 2010... Not sure about after that. I think its a little cheaper to fix now tho with recon.

About 700 instead of the usual 1100

About the same as a recon diesel pump for the ford then.

About the same as a recon diesel pump for the ford then.

Fuel pump on the transit is a common yes. About £900 last time I checked very bad on early mk7s

Again not sure about more recent. The injectors and pump should have been upgraded by now really.

Same on Vito pump and injectors a common fault

Forcing diesel to perform more than it normally can is always a tricky experiment I suppose.

Mk6 are notorious for rot & fuel problems also.
Was told I needed a new pump when it was the spill valve leaking & cost me 600 notes.
Some of the van part quotes sites online will try & sell you anything,I found out.
Also never let a mk6 run out of fuel. You might need a new starter by the time you get it going. A A told me their mk7 were nothing but hassle

To be fair you should not let any diesel running an injection system and a turbo run out of fuel. None will just fire up again.....well it will be pure luck of they do.

Old di diesels never went wrong but they were slow as hell and noisy...
Add performance in the shape of turbo injectors and high pressurised fuel pumps then that's were it all gets interesting.

It'll outlast a 2007 transit mate.
I've had the Nissan primastar 1.9 same van but different engine last 18 months, my mate has traffic nothing but problems with sensors in gearbox driveshafts Nissan bit dearer but seem better van

There all the same van with the same engine. Just different badges. Try and get one 58 09 plate and younger hopefully you won't get the injector problem. Or get at least 12 month warranty. I did on my vivaro for £150 saved me at least £2000. Good van better than a transit apart from the bloody turning circle

I have had a vivaro 06 since March spent £1500 on it so far but that was mainly things that the previous owner let go with not looking after it. It just come out of garage Thursday then some nice person pulled out on me on a mini roundabout. There coming to take it today to assess the damage

Status
Not open for further replies.