Ival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivas not ival and yes. You need to be doing two coats when meshing. Are using grosso or standard klebercem

Jf do you mesh and second same day or mesh and leave tilk next day and its standard ,solid as arock next day, I heard that grosso even tougher!

the spec for Klebochem is next day final skim coat - but you can catch it same day, lay your mesh then spatch it through only just the surface, then keep meshing let it go hard (but still green) enough to press your trowel hard on your second pass then skim it out like you were laying down skim with a slightly looser mix it will go on about a mm and finish off the trowel. do not sponge it - it is a premium base and has alot of chems and fines it wont like the sponge say as wetherby does with all the aggs and bulkers in it thats more like a masonry mortar.

What site you on ?

you're right its a lot different from hp12 you can get a nice finish with the sponge,i've used other gear were you cant sponge it like Relius German glebe you just leave off the spatch but this seems a lot more high impact , its a Mite site in Irlam by the way,thanks for the advice Jfe

you're right its a lot different from hp12 you can get a nice finish with the sponge,i've used other gear were you cant sponge it like Relius German glebe you just leave off the spatch but this seems a lot more high impact , its a Mite site in Irlam by the way,thanks for the advice Jfe

Just try it see how you go, I know the site. the gear is really good as a complete system, same quality as STO etc

the spec for Klebochem is next day final skim coat - but you can catch it same day, lay your mesh then spatch it through only just the surface, then keep meshing let it go hard (but still green) enough to press your trowel hard on your second pass then skim it out like you were laying down skim with a slightly looser mix it will go on about a mm and finish off the trowel. do not sponge it - it is a premium base and has alot of chems and fines it wont like the sponge say as wetherby does with all the aggs and bulkers in it thats more like a masonry mortar.

What site you on ?

Fassa Bortolio say's lay down and leave. Then next day scrape with the trowel to get any lines out. Next day it is to hard to scrape any lines out sod that!

So on this Ivas stuff you do not sponge but just trowel as flat as and leave?

Nice stuff that Fassa but me thinks the importer has gone belly up.

TBH pal I never sponge thin coat - never have. I always try to get a finish off the trowel/spat.
The finer powders that tend to tear seem to drag under the sponge. Always better to find a way to finish it nice. they can be applied a bit thinner than the like of wetherby coz they re strong enough.

I use alot of pressure when i lay my second pass and trowel it as i go with no lines, the thicker the second pass the more chance of lines.

Im sure people will find a way to sponge all material but you are not suppose to sponge Klebochem or dryvit or many others theyre more creamy and fine like flour where as weber/wby/parex etc have a big aggregate in them and are bulkier .

Status
Not open for further replies.