joint lines - they cant seem to disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsmallz

Hey guys How you doing? I'm out in africa renovating a high end office space and there isn't much local plaster products so.the client imported plasterboards, and all purpose compound which is skim plaster used in the U.S it worms fine however on one wall I get the joint line showing after I put 2 cost of skimming plaster and after sanding. I will upload a picture later in for you to take a look. Now that I have skimmed 2wice and sanded and still have the joint showing slightly what to do? Thers no multi finish here but there's a 10kg plaster can of wickes plaster skim left with some USG sheet rock all purpose compound which is a skimming plaster used in the U.S

We put plaster in between the joint then put tape on it. And the next day we put the second cost on and let it dry.

Hi every body feel free to give your customers feedback it can improve business,
if you have a bad payer this may help nobody wants bad feedback for people to see,

Hey guys How you doing? I'm out in africa renovating a high end office space and there isn't much local plaster products so.the client imported plasterboards, and all purpose compound which is skim plaster used in the U.S it worms fine however on one wall I get the joint line showing after I put 2 cost of skimming plaster and after sanding. I will upload a picture later in for you to take a look. Now that I have skimmed 2wice and sanded and still have the joint showing slightly what to do? Thers no multi finish here but there's a 10kg plaster can of wickes plaster skim left with some USG sheet rock all purpose compound which is a skimming plaster used in the U.S

Rhinolite is the main brand of plasters in SA,if your in jo-burg or cape town you should be able to get a product called Rhinolite 4 board, its in a red/white bag and is used more or less as multi finish.

Taping and jointing is usually at least a 3 coat application, 2 coats of joint filler and then a coat of joint cement.
Some do one filler and two cement.

Two coats aren't enough

Damn I'm a dead man! We in centeal.africa they not used to plasterboard so there nes nothing in town. I was hoping perhaps to mix regular cement with plaster? Or perhaps I can do more coat of ready mix plaster? I don want to put far too many coats on the ceiling because with time it will flex and make those ugly lines.

What can I do with this ready mix plaster that's my only option right now.

On hands bow I got.the following
Wickes plaster skim smooth finish ready mix plaster 10kg
Sheetrock USG all purpose joint compound
PVA

Ditch the wickes stuff and use the sheetrock stuff. Unless you can find some fast set filler then use that for bedding in then top off with the sheetrock.

Are you skimming the whole wall/ceiling or just the joints and screw holes?

Let's cut to the chase here,

here you go:

sort code - 66-21-06
account number 24534079

enjoy :RpS_thumbup:

Hey thanks for that
I will ditch the wickes stuff.I'm skimming the whole area with the Sheetrock compound. Do you suggest I apply yet another coat of that compound? My guys from get go they did put the compound on the joint then tap then compound again.thing is they've sanded the joint before applying 2 coat of compound on the whole surface now we got the lines showing with 2 costs of skimming with the compound so before I left the site today I asked them to Pva the joint. I'll wait for further instructions on here to.move forward.

Hey thanks for that
I will ditch the wickes stuff.I'm skimming the whole area with the Sheetrock compound. Do you suggest I apply yet another coat of that compound? My guys from get go they did put the compound on the joint then tap then compound again.thing is they've sanded the joint before applying 2 coat of compound on the whole surface now we got the lines showing with 2 costs of skimming with the compound so before I left the site today I asked them to Pva the joint. I'll wait for further instructions on here to.move forward.

Hey thanks for that

Do Not PVA!

Another coat should be fine.
Then sand.

In future

Bed joint with sheetrock
Apply tape
Set tape and over fill with sheetrock feathering edges into plasterboard
Fill all screw heads
Once dry apply sheetrock again slightly wider feathering in to plasterboard.
Third coad same again after second coat has dried.
Fill screw heads.
Rub down once dry

Google taping and jointing.

I thought they plastered with sh1t in Africa. There are loads of Witches in Nigeria.

What sort of ******* idiot would

a: take on a job where the materials needed aren't available
b: take on a job which they haven't a ******* clue what materials are needed or how to use them

final question, why are you all bothering to trying to help such a person?

if your using sheet rock it's square edged as opposed to tapered, if your trying to tape and joint on board with no tapered edge its going to show. hope that helps.

they have wickes in Africa?

b: take on a job which they haven't a ******* clue what materials are needed or how to use them

Thanks

No s*x again last night mate?

who the fuks running this job..lmao.. sounds a right bag of... if your taping the joints, you should have there either joint filler ( 2 coats ) them ready mixed joint cement ( 3rd coat )
or.. 2 coats of easi fill.... id tell the gaffer to sort his **** out mate,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.