Knauf Airless Day At Immingham

Members online

Blimey this has got a bit personal. No need to start name calling and lowing the tone.

The app died when we increased sscurity on the site but still works with tapatalk :)

If enough people want the old app back i will have a look again

f**k me things move forward get over it. U think skim was a skilled job lol. It only takes a month to get a good lad up to a good standard let's be honest. This thing of a year Labouring is bull s**t. Put a man on a trowel on day 1. Keep him beside u and he will be up to speed in no time. Same go's for other trades. Trades have been found out. They are not that hard to Lean. U can watch YouTube and copy step by step how to do stuff in the building trade. Do I care not a f**k do I give. The world keeps spinning lol

You got to move with the times, plastering like any trade moves on with different techniques, materials and the like.
When I started out we did loads of sand cement renders, float and set, now I don't do any plastering and very little sand cement rendering. All I do is ewi, thin coat renders and mono because that's the market, slating the fella for taking up new methods when it clearly works for him is short sighted.everything on new build is speed and cost, airless plastering clearly has a place, doesn't matter If your time served, done a course or not.
Ok name a builders merchants that stocks the material??
Then name the merchants that stock bg??
It’s not rocket science is it??

f**k me things move forward get over it. U think skim was a skilled job lol. It only takes a month to get a good lad up to a good standard let's be honest. This thing of a year Labouring is bull s**t. Put a man on a trowel on day 1. Keep him beside u and he will be up to speed in no time. Same go's for other trades. Trades have been found out. They are not that hard to Lean. U can watch YouTube and copy step by step how to do stuff in the building trade. Do I care not a f**k do I give. The world keeps spinning lol
A month to get a lad to a good standard to skim??
Are you off your head m8??
Lets keep this simple ..
The trade is f**k*d..

Keep a lad beside you and he will be up to speed??
You tube??
Are you f**k**g mad??
It takes years not a month??
Are you a courser??

A month to get a lad to a good standard to skim??
Are you off your head m8??
Lets keep this simple ..
The trade is f**k*d..

Not off my head I've did it with my 2ad Apprentice. It's only skim 2mm finish not hard to get a good finish. Just don't have them doing big sets. Just because u think skimming is hard to pick up don't make it hard for others.

Not off my head I've did it with my 2ad Apprentice. It's only skim 2mm finish not hard to get a good finish. Just don't have them doing big sets. Just because u think skimming is hard to pick up don't make it hard for others.
I’m talking about Plastering in general m8 you have just been made to look a right c**t there m8

The basics of Plastering are easy to pick up in my opinion, it’s the capability of getting over problems, how to fix things correctly and what materials to use for all the different jobs, that’s where the skill is. Don’t sell yourself short because you work in the building game

He's old school clemo.. .been at since he was 16.....raised in a bucket,or somthing like that:LOL:

I still do old school float and set from time to time. But think to myself when doing it f**k doing this day in day out. How we used to I don't know lol. The last day I did float and set the poor ritmo come out after an hour lol

U said it a lot better than me (y)
Look m8 I could no
A right c**t how it' only plastering. It's f**k**g easy to pick up. U must have special needs
M8 like I said you have just made yourself look stupid..
Every plasterer out there knows for a fact that the trade is far from easy??
Picking it up within a month and you tube??
You can not pick up Plastering by watching you tube ..
The only one with special needs is obviously you

54A3CAF7-6D33-473D-B5B8-1573241FBD1F.jpeg
He's old school clemo.. .been at it since he was 16.....raised in a bucket,or somthing like that:LOL:
Nothing more to say to you “mr know it all” apart from...

I still do old school float and set from time to time. But think to myself when doing it f**k doing this day in day out. How we used to I don't know lol. The last day I did float and set the poor ritmo come out after an hour lol

my edges levels floats and mixing bins (plumbers water tanks)...have been sat in the garage for what seems forever now !!!......they can stay there mate (y)
i have and will always go where the money is.....in lancashire its skimming.
if airless will make you more money....then full steam ahead lads.

i would be a proud man if i never had to straighten a wall again:)

my edges levels floats and mixing bins (plumbers water tanks)...have been sat in the garage for what seems forever now !!!......they can stay there mate (y)
i have and will always go where the money is.....in lancashire its skimming.
if airless will make you more money....then full steam ahead lads.

i would be a proud man if i never had to straighten a wall again:)
Fair play to you m8 mine are the same but the airless will never take over from skimming it’s a fact and if the simple simons of the world seem to think so then they are living on another planet

Look m8 I could no

M8 like I said you have just made yourself look stupid..
Every plasterer out there knows for a fact that the trade is far from easy??
Picking it up within a month and you tube??
You can not pick up Plastering by watching you tube ..
The only one with special needs is obviously you

I did say u would pick the trade up in a mouth I said skimming. It's a small part of the trade. And for YouTube I said u can watch it and copy step by step what to do even for other trades. I fixed my washing machine before using YouTube.

I did say u would pick the trade up in a mouth I said skimming. It's a small part of the trade. And for YouTube I said u can watch it and copy step by step what to do even for other trades. I fixed my washing machine before using YouTube.
You are a very funny man..
Have you ever thought of going into comedy??

That's should say didn't lol

What the f**k has nailing a lath to a timber got to do with spraying plaster from a paint machine????
I’m f**k**g sure those boys would be turning in their graves if they heard you say that??
Basically you have just made your self look like a right c**t Andy....
Those men were “skilled” unlike these monkeys spraying this f**k**g shite..
I thought you were a good egg and I know you know what you are talking about so what’s with the “sheep” approach??
I've really ummed and arred whether or not to even reply to this post.
Right one reply and that's it.
I mentioned the nailing of laths and mono rendering because you say that spraying airless takes no plastering skill. Well I, as I said, don't consider either of these to require any plastering skill in the traditional sense.
You mention ''old school' in just about every post I've ever read, well you haven't a f**k**g clue about the mindset of the previous generations of spreads.
The first plastering contractor I worked for didn't ever use angle beads for internal solid plastering, proper oldskool? No, a t**t that was stuck in his ways and refusing to modernise.
I even knew guys that didn't like their muck mixed up in a mixer, preferring it mixed by hand.
Jesus Christ!!
You say that the old boys would 'turn in their graves' at what I've said, what total b*ll***s, most of the old spreads would have welcomed with open arms anything that was going to make their tough trade easier, no question.
And one last thing about oldskool, most of the old boys were as rough as f**k, just the same as nowadays.
Right now about @Curry.
Going way back on the forum I got to know and understand Steve's attitude to the trade.
We bought our Ritmo's at exactly the same time, did we use them the same? Not even close.
Me being in my forties and pretty stuck in my ways just messed about with the Ritmo, never really getting to grips with it. Steve on the other hand being younger, and despite being a third generation spread, went at it full tilt. He would try any and everything to make that machine work in his favour, I bloody admired his attitude. He's always looking to earn money from the trade as easily as possible, rather than bleating on about 'oldskool'. If that's not both great business sense as well as being sensible on a personal level then I don't know what is.
I'm pretty sure that I know what made Steve look for a 'better' way to apply a wall finish.
Some may remember him doing a big job where everything was going tickety boo, work being signed off until some poxy up lighters were fitted. He then had to deal with a totally unreasonable expectation of finish from the main contractor.
Did he just moan like a lot of us would? No he looked at ways of providing a finished article that would keep such clients happy.
Going back I exchanged loads of PM's with Steve and even a couple of phone conversations, not once had he been ignorant or arrogant, quite the opposite.
Now you Mr. Henderson are either the toughest b*****d I've ever encountered or you only shoot your mouth off online, because if you have worked on anything like the types of jobs I have over the years you would most definitely have been given enough 'lessons' to make you behave in a nicer, less aggressive manner. That's oldskool!

I mentioned the nailing of laths and mono rendering because you say that spraying airless takes no plastering skill. Well I, as I said, don't consider either of these to require any plastering skill in the traditional sense.
You mention ''old school' in just about every post I've ever read, well you haven't a f**k**g clue about the mindset of the previous generations of spreads.
The first plastering contractor I worked for didn't ever use angle beads for internal solid plastering, proper oldskool? No, a t**t that was stuck in his ways and refusing to modernise.
I even knew guys that didn't like their muck mixed up in a mixer, preferring it mixed by hand.
Jesus Christ!!
You say that the old boys would 'turn in their graves' at what I've said, what total b*ll***s, most of the old spreads would have welcomed with open arms anything that was going to make their tough trade easier, no question.
And one last thing about oldskool, most of the old boys were as rough as f**k, just the same as nowadays.
Right now about @Curry.
Going way back on the forum I got to know and understand Steve's attitude to the trade.
We bought our Ritmo's at exactly the same time, did we use them the same? Not even close.
Me being in my forties and pretty stuck in my ways just messed about with the Ritmo, never really getting to grips with it. Steve on the other hand being younger, and despite being a third generation spread, went at it full tilt. He would try any and everything to make that machine work in his favour, I bloody admired his attitude. He's always looking to earn money from the trade as easily as possible, rather than bleating on about 'oldskool'. If that's not both great business sense as well as being sensible on a personal level then I don't know what is.
I'm pretty sure that I know what made Steve look for a 'better' way to apply a wall finish.
Some may remember him doing a big job where everything was going tickety boo, work being signed off until some poxy up lighters were fitted. He then had to deal with a totally unreasonable expectation of finish from the main contractor.
Did he just moan like a lot of us would? No he looked at ways of providing a finished article that would keep such clients happy.
Going back I exchanged loads of PM's with Steve and even a couple of phone conversations, not once had he been ignorant or arrogant, quite the opposite.
Now you Mr. Henderson are either the toughest b*****d I've ever encountered or you only shoot your mouth off online, because if you have worked on anything like the types of jobs I have over the years you would most definitely have been given enough 'lessons' to make you behave in a nicer, less aggressive manner. That's oldskool!
I’ve not even bothered reading that b*ll***s ..
You just get yourself down to your airless course and you will soon find out for yourself..
I went on the course 8 years ago it was crap then and it’s crap now...
No disrespect to you Andy because you are one of the genuine blokes on this site and you are one of the blokes I actually listen to because you know your stuff..
But come on when lads stat mentioning “you tube” as a way of picking up Plastering then it becomes a joke..

Jesus Christ!!
Right now about @Curry.
Right I’ve just sat down and read that waffle that has just came out of your mouth Andy..
If people on here have a problem with my manner then either f**k off the site or pack their tools away and get a job in tescos stacking the shelves..
As you said Plastering is a tough trade and I find that certain people on here talk a lot of s**t..
Also it’s mr taylor not mr Henderson just so you know..
I have used machines speed skims and all the new tools that are available and I’m definitely not knocking them because they work very well..
As for the “old school” bit that you mentioned that’s right I know what I’m talking about because unlike half of these coursers I know my stuff and learnt the hard way just like you..
What ever you and all the other “merry men” have to say I really could not give 2 fucks Andy..
The air less is s**t and it always will be..
If it was that good the shelves would be stocked and the prices would be reasonable on the gear..
It’s as simple as that Andy s next time you want to rant and rave at me have a think before you open your mouth..

Jesus Christ!!
Right now about @Curry.
Crikey Andy, that must of taken some writing, you should calm down a wee bit, I don’t want to read about a carp fishing plasterer from Essex keeling over. The first plasterers I worked with only used beads in areas of likely impact not their fault though as pretty much all the spreads I knew then were on the cards and they used what they were given. I know what you mean though, I think it’s all pretty much subjective though, if it works for you then it’s good, I honestly didn’t mean to start a row, just made a light hearted comment about some mono that’s all

I’ve not even bothered reading that b*ll***s ..
You just get yourself down to your airless course and you will soon find out for yourself..
I went on the course 8 years ago it was crap then and it’s crap now...
No disrespect to you Andy because you are one of the genuine blokes on this site and you are one of the blokes I actually listen to because you know your stuff..
But come on when lads stat mentioning “you tube” as a way of picking up Plastering then it becomes a joke..

i have to agree with @theclemo here i taught my brother how to skim and earn a living in 6 weeks.
not up to a my speed but a good standard and he could earn a wage.
he gave it up when the winter months kicked it lol.
hes an upholsterer by trade.
one of them lads who can take his hand to anything.
hes now earning a great living designing and selling furniture.

i know by watching "porn"
its made me a pretty decent w**k*r !!

Crikey Andy, that must of taken some writing, you should calm down a wee bit, I don’t want to read about a carp fishing plasterer from Essex keeling over. The first plasterers I worked with only used beads in areas of likely impact not their fault though as pretty much all the spreads I knew then were on the cards and they used what they were given. I know what you mean though, I think it’s all pretty much subjective though, if it works for you then it’s good, I honestly didn’t mean to start a row, just made a light hearted comment about some mono that’s all
I think Andy is one of the good eggs on here m8..think he’s just had a late night and he’s a bit ratty this morning bless him..
At the end of the day all I’m trying to do is explain to the lads that want to know about the product..
I’ve told them my thoughts and I’ve been slated for it ..
At the end of the day mate let them find out for them selfs

I think Andy is one of the good eggs on here m8..think he’s just had a late night and he’s a bit ratty this morning bless him..
At the end of the day all I’m trying to do is explain to the lads that want to know about the product..
I’ve told them my thoughts and I’ve been slated for it ..
At the end of the day mate let them find out for them selfs
the Irish lad is a good egg aswell but can’t believe what he said about you tube...

lol you have to admit you did make yourself look like a c**t with the “you tube” bit???..
I’m still pissing myself now..
Have you got anymore jokes??
No don't think I did. U could use YouTube to show u how to hang plasterboard the right way ect. Iv used it to do stuff to my van and car and spaceship.

YouTube building Nations

No don't think I did. U could use YouTube to show u how to hang plasterboard the right way ect. Iv used it to do stuff to my van and car and spaceship.

YouTube building Nations

ive been trying to syphon petrol out of car for 2 weeks watching ytube.
i still cant do it....i seem to get a dribble out and i and up high.

my plastering friend uses ytube for mechanical works on his cars/vans.....just having the right tools (y)