Let's Talk

Members online

@BritishGypsum you're just twisting things around.
No one, I'll say it again, NO ONE cares about Pure Finish for it's intended use. People are only trying it because your Multifinish, and to a lesser extent, Board Finish are substandard and inconsistent. A fact you just keep dodging despite hundreds of spreads saying so via various forms of social media.
You ask people to contact you, which I did, and then you didn't follow it up.
Andy
I will put on record that I was the one that was trying to set up the meeting between you and a colleague from BG and it dragged on a fair bit going back and forth. It quite literally slipped from my mind and ended up being forgotten, I can only apologise

Story line of his life. @essexandy this was what I meant about being worse than a bg slag. Applying to be one then getting forgotten about, poor thing.

Andy
I will put on record that I was the one that was trying to set up the meeting between you and a colleague from BG and it dragged on a fair bit going back and forth. It quite literally slipped from my mind and ended up being forgotten, I can only apologise
Apology accepted.
I should say that it definitely didn't "drag on" from my end. I had arranged a meeting place (managers office at local Jewsons) and was willing to drop everything and make any time and date, such was my desire to get my point across.
Obviously much time has now passed, and BG will have been aware of many many people moaning about their products but still no honesty with regards their finish plasters and maybe just a little bit regards their plasterboard.
If I thought it would make a jot of difference it'd still meet up even now. I'm not however interested in sitting in a room filled with smoke and mirrors.
Again thanks for the apology.

Story line of his life. @essexandy this was what I meant about being worse than a bg slag. Applying to be one then getting forgotten about, poor thing.
Far from wanting to just be a slag getting freebies or appearing on posters etc. I genuinely wanted to try and give someone from BG a swift kick in the b*ll***s and maybe get them to acknowledge that there's a problem. I'm happier buying my own woolly hat, YOU SLAG! (in cockney accent)

Far from wanting to just be a slag getting freebies or appearing on posters etc. I genuinely wanted to try and give someone from BG a swift kick in the b*ll***s and maybe get them to acknowledge that there's a problem. I'm happier buying my own woolly hat, YOU SLAG! (in cockney accent)

Yeah until they shower you with gifts and you submit lol

You don't know me well enough.
Three bags of finish and a hat and you buckled. Very weak.

9EB140A4-633E-414D-BBB5-B63B9F8EE2D8.jpeg

Waiting for my hat . .......call me what you want as only thing I turn downs me collers

Yes certainly, but I want a woolly hat, a hoody, a pallet of Pure Finish, lifetime membership of the certified plasterers scheme and a BG cuddly toy.
Oh and don't mention any of the above to this lot on here.

@BritishGypsum Could you please explain to the forum why you would spend thousands of pounds developing and testing a product not to sell it on the open market place ie the UK...... seems very strange to me spending all that money for no reason.
Also you contacted myself for my details I gave you them and then you did not contact me either, don't bother it's not that I am really busy and I just can't stand ignorant f*****s

@BritishGypsum Working on a site at the moment where a load of "Hardwall" has turned up, and the contents
are strongly resembling Soundcoat, have you had any similar complaints about this? does the man who runs the bagging machine ever turn up drunk?
Hi @raytheplasterer, can't recall any recent similar complaints in relation to Hardwall. Do you have a picture you could send us along with your location and contact details and we can get someone to look at this for you?

@BritishGypsum Could you please explain to the forum why you would spend thousands of pounds developing and testing a product not to sell it on the open market place ie the UK...... seems very strange to me spending all that money for no reason.
Also you contacted myself for my details I gave you them and then you did not contact me either, don't bother it's not that I am really busy and I just can't stand ignorant f*****s
Hi @djfleming22 , yes indeed, you did share your contact details and we have been slow to react. They have been passed on and someone will be in contact with you in due course. Sorry that it has taken some time.

If anyone is arsed it Q&A the morn. apparently
https://www.facebook.com/events/550197442094962/
Hi @Arti, thanks for sharing the link to the Facebook Q&A. Just a reminder that we are also still planning a Q&A on here tomorrow evening from 5pm to 6pm. We have gathered many of the questions which have been asked on the forum recently and will address them. If anyone else has any other questions about our plaster products which they would like responded to, please do feel free to post them before or during the event and we will do our best to answer them all.

Hi @Arti, thanks for sharing the link to the Facebook Q&A. Just a reminder that we are also still planning a Q&A on here tomorrow evening from 5pm to 6pm. We have gathered many of the questions which have been asked on the forum recently and will address them. If anyone else has any other questions about our plaster products which they would like responded to, please do feel free to post them before or during the event and we will do our best to answer them all.

Do plastic trowels interfere with finishing plaster.