Lime or sand cement

Members online

Only trouble whith this place stone got paint on it meshing going cost a fortune. Could try power washing it. Or hack joint make shoure paint is sound do you think the harl will hold to the painted stone. Or have you any ideas thanks m8
Get a joey to wire brush and jet wash loose off the outside use dg27 to prime walls on the inside and finish with a lime finish (y)
3F74EB8D-1E92-4C2F-9AE3-A01E6E175724.png

Thanks m8 so that ok to go over paint if sound on the stone just get the loose stuff off. Thanks for the info
I've had a look on data you can go over sound paint. Ideal m8 just what we need to come over this problem. Don't whant any comeback

I've had a look on data you can go over sound paint. Ideal m8 just what we need to come over this problem. Don't whant any comeback
Do you do much lime work? I've done a bit over the years. Handy to know lads that ar on it to. Incase I come across a problem like this paint. As they say two heads better than one

Do you do much lime work? I've done a bit over the years. Handy to know lads that ar on it to. Incase I come across a problem like this paint. As they say two heads better than one

Carys you have mentioned cost and the paint...lime work often costs thousands and the type of people who own these properties usually have the money...whats't the point in putting lime over impermeable paint?

Maybe it's best that you get a spec...or sub the work out to someone who knows what they are doing and learn working alongside them.

This is a £300 a day job for an experienced lime plasterer.

Carys you have mentioned cost and the paint...lime work often costs thousands and the type of people who own these properties usually have the money...whats't the point in putting lime over impermeable paint?

Maybe it's best that you get a spec...or sub the work out to someone who knows what they are doing and learn working alongside them.

He m8

FreeD f you

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_180205.jpg
    IMG_20191004_180205.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20190919_102648.jpg
    IMG_20190919_102648.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20191004_180109.jpg
    IMG_20191004_180109.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20200217-175002.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-175002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 175
Have you put a price in yet
I wouldn't even be worrying about it you haven't got the job yet have you

My self don't like them like that. As they customer always rhight. Di you like them like that?

I will offer suggestions mate but as you say sometimes the customer sees something and wants it so providing it works I'll do what they want.

Enquired about the Dg27. No need for it ty Mawr said. Get loose paint off and harl whith consolidation mortar. I've done my own harl before for key. Have you used it before?
I haven’t to be honest let us know how you get on (y)