Lime plasterwork course incorporated with insitu mouldings

Members online

stuy

Hi all , I’ve been asked to offer a 3/4 day course on lime plastering and internal and external mouldings ( Roman cement etc) it will be taught by myself and Gary jones we are both master plasterers working on several large conservation contracts with over 70 yrs experience between us! If anyone is interested please send me a direct message , this is aimed at plasterer’s wanting to move into the heritage sector, not suitable for less experienced trowel hands regards stu

You based Southampton Stu?
He didn’t told you he’s done the shed now? Too late for lime, told him but he didn’t listen.
Is this 3/4 of a day or 3-4 days and how much will cost ? I am interested in the insitu, but can’t beat 70 years of experience.

It will be at silver trowel Just seeing what response I will get did arrange one this year but a few pulled out so had to cancel contact Colin at silver trowel and we will sort some dates for the spring

It will be at silver trowel Just seeing what response I will get did arrange one this year but a few pulled out so had to cancel contact Colin at silver trowel and we will sort some dates for the spring
That’s a long shot Stu! Keep us poste when you have dates in mind and bit more info ! (y)

Hi all , I’ve been asked to offer a 3/4 day course on lime plastering and internal and external mouldings ( Roman cement etc) it will be taught by myself and Gary jones we are both master plasterers working on several large conservation contracts with over 70 yrs experience between us! If anyone is interested please send me a direct message , this is aimed at plasterer’s wanting to move into the heritage sector, not suitable for less experienced trowel hands regards stu
keep at it boys there is still a need for it

As soon as I’ve some dates il post them we find it hard to get good plasterers in this sector of plasterwork the money is so much better than typical plasterers rates that some companies pay !!

Do you know ty mawr north Wales?

Phhhh....dont make me F*****g laugh!!!

Fake thread created to push a future course!!!

Goldtrowel secret mole!!!

So just so that it's perfectly clear and transparent for everyone; this is an advert for a sliver trowel course?

Seems to be a lot of miss information here chaps the course is ran at silver trowel because we haven’t got the facility’s to do it ourselves it’s not silver trowel idea it was mine !!! Because we really struggle to get plasterers to work on these types of work , I’m a bit delusioned from the response to be honest , thought there was a need for a proper course on the subject, but obviously there isn’t ow sad

Seems to be a lot of miss information here chaps the course is ran at silver trowel because we haven’t got the facility’s to do it ourselves it’s not silver trowel idea it was mine !!! Because we really struggle to get plasterers to work on these types of work , I’m a bit delusioned from the response to be honest , thought there was a need for a proper course on the subject, but obviously there isn’t ow sad
@stuy I think that you'll find that the main issue is that an awful lot of guys have a fundamental dislike of these private course suppliers, I know I have. If you had made it a bit clearer then you wouldn't have gotten the same responses, probably.
Even though I've never once been asked to lime plaster I'd be really interested in learning about it.

so sad to here your report /don't now what the fear of using lime is its lovely to use tools are spotless after lime work /its sad to see the trade is dying through lack of knowledge on this material /there are to many people on the net make out its hard to use and to slow a process if the jobs big enough or you have two or thr ee small ones to do then its simple just keep at it boys that's all I can say

It is not! You need to set a date and go from there! Now days you make more money on site skimming plasterboards and that’s day In day out. Saying that, I did got in touch and asked for the course as I am interested to see the moulding stuff . No date is set yet and I have to call again in spring. And didn’t really understood why did you had to cancel last course some people have pulled out? You don’t do that normally, you run it anyway. I understand the money factor, but that’s not how it should be.
My opinion btw!

It is not! You need to set a date and go from there! Now days you make more money on site skimming plasterboards and that’s day In day out. Saying that, I did got in touch and asked for the course as I am interested to see the moulding stuff . No date is set yet and I have to call again in spring. And didn’t really understood why did you had to cancel last course some people have pulled out? You don’t do that normally, you run it anyway. I understand the money factor, but that’s not how it should be.
My opinion btw!
CALL AGAIN IN SPRING you a f**k**g cuckoo