limelite high impact finishing plaster

Members online

No members online now.

uni-king

Private Member
Lads doing some flood damage works at min using limelite renovating and skimming with this..any1 used it b4? I.e do walls need a wet down b4 applying and wats setting Time etc as I've been told 2 different storys

The stuff

Attachments

• WP_20160802_003.jpg
    WP_20160802_003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 404
First time I used the backing plaster I soaked the walls and it hung like feck so I just give the walls a light mist to kill any dust. Nice gear to use imo. Skim as normal with the finish the next day.

First time I used the backing plaster I soaked the walls and it hung like feck so I just give the walls a light mist to kill any dust. Nice gear to use imo. Skim as normal with the finish the next day.
Wont be nxt day pug will be a few days later..60-70mm depth in some places so building the fcker out..think it wil need a pva if skimming Thursday? Some of s**t has been on since Monday..ive used renovating b4 just never this finish

Ah. Only ever skimmed it the next day so can't comment on whether pva is ok to use or not. Sorry fella.

What background you laying on mate? Hacked off bear brick?
Ye pal..nitemare some of depth is 70mm thick and numpty foreman Is asking where all gear is going..told him to chisel into it and see how thick its going on..will be walking off 2mz if contracts manager dsnt give wat we want £20 a bag we are asking or we are off..

don't wet down mate straight on with it you will need suction believe me that shhit hangs around for ages so you will get loads on don't try an get on it too early either it's not like multi

WTF is "high impact" plaster? o_O

Stops a 50 cal? Hammer bounces off? Slight knock from furniture? Withstands a meringue thrown by a baby? Takes an assault by RWF007 in his puffa jacket?

Enquiring minds need to know. :estudioso:

This is kind of walls we are dealing with and textbook foreman cums in and asks y we r using so much gear..said look mate If you want a proper job this is the amount of gear ur guna use said his day rate lads dont use as much I said ye but this is rite...said where u think we are putting all gear in our sandwiches

Attachments

• WP_20160801_005.jpg
    WP_20160801_005.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 467
  • WP_20160801_004.jpg
    WP_20160801_004.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 675
  • WP_20160802_002.jpg
    WP_20160802_002.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 457
don't wet down mate straight on with it you will need suction believe me that shhit hangs around for ages so you will get loads on don't try an get on it too early either it's not like multi
Even if some has been on since Monday pal? Ive heard it takes a age to go off

even if you leave backing for a week no need for damping down , apply first coat and wait until touch dry before you top,then let top pull in before you touch it again, it won't polish up and its deffo matt finish, bit like mp finish as in you can keep it soft if you want

Dont bother wetting back coat mate it hangs all day on a 30mm thick base.

When I first used it I thought something was wrong with the amount of time it takes to pull. I've layed sand cement on thicker onto thick damp scratch coats and its dryed faster.

Just lay on what you can and move on to another wall.

don't over trowel it either mate or could start tearing aswell just try an leave as long as maybe just a mist spray of water it drys a chalky finish like said Matt finish

This is kind of walls we are dealing with and textbook foreman cums in and asks y we r using so much gear..said look mate If you want a proper job this is the amount of gear ur guna use said his day rate lads dont use as much I said ye but this is rite...said where u think we are putting all gear in our sandwiches
tell him to get fukked the nob

Ffs @Kitchy this job is making my Granny Smiths Artex overskim with the Diner table in room sound like a doddle...can't you just bang some unifinish on it instead?

Ive told him this we are ruling off flat against top half existing where there is some with a 6ft feather edge its now plumb..his day work lads are putting about 5 bags a day on using a Darby! Ye bet that's plumb..told him if we are doing it its getting done right wil know 2mz if staying on as not doing it for less than £20 a bag as cant go on m2 as there's 2 much filling and ain't doing no day rate f**k that

The longer you leave the backing the longer the skim takes to set we found out I didn't think you could go to that depth with it? Anyway tip for skim chuck a couple handfuls of board or multi in with finish sets up quicker but don't put too much in as it will turn pink [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longer you leave the backing the longer the skim takes to set we found out I didn't think you could go to that depth with it? Anyway tip for skim chuck a couple handfuls of board or multi in with finish sets up quicker but don't put too much in as it will turn pink [emoji106]

Had to build the f**k*r out in stages to get it to correct depth

We had to use the lime lite slurry coat first and put a 10mm scratch coat on leave it a day or so and another 10mm topper scratched to receive the skim, compel of days later when it's ready knock the skim up leave it 5 mins remix and was spot on we could spread a lot as in a complete down stairs before it started pulling two coat it and use as little water as possible [emoji106]

We had to use the lime lite slurry coat first and put a 10mm scratch coat on leave it a day or so and another 10mm topper scratched to receive the skim, compel of days later when it's ready knock the skim up leave it 5 mins remix and was spot on we could spread a lot as in a complete down stairs before it started pulling two coat it and use as little water as possible [emoji106]

With sounds of this mite bang all downstairs on Thursday if still there that is

Decent stuff to use. We've found the finish cost is better if you lay it on a bit thicker than normal. Like 5mm ideally. Trowels up nice !

I was told by contractor the spec from limelight at those depths is 25 mm pass the eml fixed with mushroom fixings then another and repeat till desired depth is reached passed on the job after that

I was told by contractor the spec from limelight at those depths is 25 mm pass the eml fixed with mushroom fixings then another and repeat till desired depth is reached passed on the job after that
Tbh mate cudnt care less wat spec says on owt if isn't my own job..foreman points to gear and says that goes on there bye bye..aslong as its rite and I get paid Il save spec sheet for wiping my arse if run out of paper..a spec sheet says alot of things that r pointless

Tbh mate cudnt care less wat spec says on owt if isn't my own job..foreman points to gear and says that goes on there bye bye..aslong as its rite and I get paid Il save spec sheet for wiping my arse if run out of paper..a spec sheet says alot of things that r pointless
Was just saying like... Still love me kitchy?! Did the manager fork out what you wanted then

Was just saying like... Still love me kitchy?! Did the manager fork out what you wanted then
Wil always luv u builderboi..ye he's giving us wat we wanted but last day 2day as plastering contractor we are doing job for isn't vat registered and we are so he said he cant claim vat so we r not doing it..fair to say I'm not that bothered..typical as price just been agreed came in this morning and said dont throw any bags away so we can count them at end of day..wheres the trust man :)

Used this over the correct backing coat over a slurry mix onto bare brick that had been wetted with a light SBR mix after injected dpc. Had to scratch a first coat then render out next day for thickness, skim coat went on lovely but hung about like a bad smell. Lesson- Do not try to one coat the skim, 2 coats is a must.
Do not use too much water on it.
Do not rush it, be patient.
Trowelled up nicely -----eventually.
For smallish damp-proofing work S/C+waterproofer & multi is easier to predict, but limelight only needs a bucket and whisk and when you get used to it it is OK.
Dropsalot.