Lucius

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles65

Seen an ad for brickies recently and it said "No chippers, lippers or dippers"
Can you explain that un?

Obviously a Northen advert mate, chippers ime not sure about but may mean briickes tappiing the bricks down with the trowel rather than just pushing them down into place, lipping is what we call down South hatching and grinning where the face of the bricks are not laid to a flat plain so when the sun hits them at a certain time of day they cast shadows a dipper is when a brick is not laid truly to the line and generaly dips below the line at one end of the brick basicly they dont want any rough *****, out of interest what were they paying?

Obviously a Northen advert mate, chippers ime not sure about but may mean briickes tappiing the bricks down with the trowel rather than just pushing them down into place, lipping is what we call down South hatching and grinning where the face of the bricks are not laid to a flat plain so when the sun hits them at a certain time of day they cast shadows a dipper is when a brick is not laid truly to the line and generaly dips below the line at one end of the brick basicly they dont want any rough *****, out of interest what were they paying?
Spot on I reckon mate,we call the dippers"speedboats"

Fecking hell and there was I thinking if the mortar bed look ok who gives a feck about the bricks you live and learn/

prob say no KEITHUKs :RpS_lol:

only kidding before ya get the dog on:RpS_wink:

"Good rates of pay" was all it said. I asked my marra today and he said the same as you - and 'chippers' are someone using chipped bricks instead of good 'uns......:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.