machine wanted for monocouche.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

crb

Hi there, we are looking to purchase a spray machine for monocouche, we were hoping to pick up a good second hand machine like everyone else. Preferably a newer model, or alternatively if the price is right we would go new.

We have picked up a bovis site and have always hand applied in the past, but getting older and lazier so looking to make life a bit less labour intensive.

Any advice would be greatly received. Cheers
Crb

Hi CRB,

We have a range of used and new machines in stock. If u need anymore info I will be happy to help.

Contact Number: 01242 236699

Regards,

Ryan

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Ideal will give you a buzz on Monday, we are based in Cornwall. Looked at loads of info, but keep coming back to the g4, unless any one has any other recommendations, m300 maybe. Cheers for the replies.

Hello CRB, Welcome to the Forum. If you are intending using the machine for monocouches only and you are set up in a gang of 3 or more lads the G4 is a nice simple machine to use and by far the most popular plastering machine in the world. Consider the machine is also a big bit of kit and so vans and storage must be considered. A site where you dont have to take it home everyday is ideal.
You will need a generator most probably to run the machine as it is powered by 3 phase.
A Brand new G4X smart all set up complete with everything you need inc 25 mts hose will cost shy of £6.5k plus vat. That is including training. A Generator is likely to cost about 2.5k plus vat.

If you are in a gang of less than 3 regular men and would like to introduce machine plastering to other applications then a PFT Ritmo is worth considering. They are single phase and much smaller than the larger 3 phase machines which means you will be able to carry the machine from job to job on your own. By having the smaller machine you will be more likely to choose to use it more frequently on you different jobs without having to consider power issues and logistics The ritmo may perform slightly slower than its 3 phase collegue but in a smaller gang you do not need to put on as many mts so it makes no difference there, however if your gang did grow it would still mix and put it on the wall 3 times faster than any plasterer and labourer could ever do but saying that why would you pay a spread and a labourer wages if you could just get someone to spray and someone to fill the machine at a cheaper rate.
Ritmos start at around £5,750 for all the kit plus vat

The more bags you intend using per week should help you choose the right machine.

Hello CRB, Welcome to the Forum. If you are intending using the machine for monocouches only and you are set up in a gang of 3 or more lads the G4 is a nice simple machine to use and by far the most popular plastering machine in the world. Consider the machine is also a big bit of kit and so vans and storage must be considered. A site where you dont have to take it home everyday is ideal.
You will need a generator most probably to run the machine as it is powered by 3 phase.
A Brand new G4X smart all set up complete with everything you need inc 25 mts hose will cost shy of £6.5k plus vat. That is including training. A Generator is likely to cost about 2.5k plus vat.

If you are in a gang of less than 3 regular men and would like to introduce machine plastering to other applications then a PFT Ritmo is worth considering. They are single phase and much smaller than the larger 3 phase machines which means you will be able to carry the machine from job to job on your own. By having the smaller machine you will be more likely to choose to use it more frequently on you different jobs without having to consider power issues and logistics The ritmo may perform slightly slower than its 3 phase collegue but in a smaller gang you do not need to put on as many mts so it makes no difference there, however if your gang did grow it would still mix and put it on the wall 3 times faster than any plasterer and labourer could ever do but saying that why would you pay a spread and a labourer wages if you could just get someone to spray and someone to fill the machine at a cheaper rate.
Ritmos start at around £5,750 for all the kit plus vat

The more bags you intend using per week should help you choose the right machine.

Well informed post there.

Plenty of reading on the subject too in the forum

I want a ritmo. For smaller mono jobs and to back up the diesel machine if it goes wrong. But mainly for spraying skim. But I want to borrow one first to see how much use I'd make of it on inside work and no one is gonna just lend me one to see How we get on. I couldn't justify buying one just for outside work it'd have to be for inside work.

yes i looked into a new one ,with skim attachment, works out at around £9000 which is alot, but makes life easier and quicker,im just going to ask the contractor i do most of my work for if hes got a fair bit coming up ,

as Jim 85 says a lot of money just for mono, but not if u get enough of it ,but we get all of it skim hardwalll, and a fair bit of thistle durafinish, i hope that goes through.really want to get one,have used g4 g5 many times but , there no good for skim great machines though, i have used them in Germany with silomat, i think the ritmo is the way forward,takes to long by hand.

internally you will stuggle to let them use 240 on site and the 110 has never let us down

Who sprays finish with one? Anyone give us an idea how good/quick it can be?

Most of my builders use bg multi cos that's what's cheap n available who has good success sprayin that? I think we'd have to put full rooms on n corner trowel n speed skim on both coats. And not stop spraying inbetween so as only having to clean the pump out once the 2 coats of each set is on.

What's the build up like? Do you get buildup in the pipes like u do in buckets and ya tools from multi?

ok i will look i have seen on you tube multifinish sprayed with a ritmo so im not sure why you are saying you connot? i still want to get one

Multi finish will spray but sets too quick and builds up a residue which can cause blocking. the products designed for spraying don't do this. Yes i am ian you spook to

ok ian thanks for the info sorry about the spelling mistake,lol, i will be in touch with you next week, we dont need lombard, will call you.

i have seen currier plastering spraying what looks like a render sand and cement mix is it? if so can i sponge finish it , as i would with a normal external render?

There are a few sand cement bags available. Weber ocr is a render that can be applied and finished in one coat over blockwork. Cpi euro mix is a bit cheaper and is used in the same way as normal sand cement

Status
Not open for further replies.