Mardy Customer

Screenshot_20191210_234011_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Wtf! No reply all day regarding your payment? Lol. I personally wouldn’t of text him at 11.30pm though that is the sign of a very desperate man.

It's all desperate & unprofessional thats why he's not getting paid the additional.

#caretakerchancher#

Wtf! No reply all day regarding your payment? Lol. I personally wouldn’t of text him at 11.30pm though that is the sign of a very desperate man.
He has replied.

I'm not desperate. I'm indignant. You don't understand what I'm like when a customer is slow to pay. They hope you'll go away but I text and ring them about every 3 hrs. Morning noon and night until they realise that the only way to make it stop is to cough up.

I never threaten or get mad or escalate.

I just act stupid and make like I'm just reminding them until they are so maddened by it all that they HAVE to pay because they can't stand it any longer.

He has replied.

I'm not desperate. I'm indignant. You don't understand what I'm like when a customer is slow to pay. They hope you'll go away but I text and ring them about every 3 hrs. Morning noon and night until they realise that the only way to make it stop is to cough up.

I never threaten or get mad or escalate.

I just act stupid and make like I'm just reminding them until they are so maddened by it all that they HAVE to pay because they can't stand it any longer.
So HAS he paid?

Yes he paid me on the requested day.
Takes an extra day to get here. For some reason, Irish banks don't clear transfers on the same day.

I'll be more careful about how I word that next time.
Sweet!
Every days a school day mate. (y)

Sweet!
Every days a school day mate. (y)
It certainly is. End of the day, I could have got into a pissing contest about the £90 but I charged him £580 to strip 2 m^2 of tiles, dry it out, replaster the wall, put 2m^2 of tiles back on and paint it, then £180 to supply and fit a £100 shower unit and leaving the place like I was never there.

Total was about £600 labour for about 16 hrs work broken up into 6 visits so it wasn't like I lost on the job.

Just that £690 would have been better.

It certainly is. End of the day, I could have got into a pissing contest about the £90 but I charged him £580 to strip 2 m^2 of tiles, dry it out, replaster the wall, put 2m^2 of tiles back on and paint it, then £180 to supply and fit a £100 shower unit and leaving the place like I was never there.

Total was about £600 labour for about 16 hrs work broken up into 6 visits so it wasn't like I lost on the job.

Your job, your customer, your money, so if you're happy with the outcome it's a win no matter what anyone else thinks.

Don't forget the second lesson you've learned from this. Never ask for opinions on a forum. :LOL:

I never count hours on a job..if I'm there 2 hours its classes as a day..6 visits is 6 days..just saying :coffe:
I mostly do too.

But working it out like that would have made the job about £2k and he wouldn't have worn it so do you want the job or not?

It was an easy job at the end of the day and it paid OK

Happy days! As long as you got the best outcome for yourself and your customer then that’s all that matters my friend! :tanguero:

A wise man once said............If you buy a bottle of sauce from waitrose, you cannot expect to pay Lidl prices.
I had a RAC guy fit me a new van battery other month..was quite expensive I said what's difference why is it so much! He said think of waitrose beans and aldi beans..thought it was a decent anthology