microcement fail

libbyd

Somewhat new to micro cement. the poly came up over a spot with trapped humidity and the spot has degraded. Moisture meter found 17% humidity at drain, 7% at perimeters.We have decided to remove the poly over the whole shower base by sanding and let the whole shower dry out then repair and reseal. My question is what grit sandpaper should I use to be sure to save the integrity of the micro cement finish?

Somewhat new to micro cement. the poly came up over a spot with trapped humidity and the spot has degraded. Moisture meter found 17% humidity at drain, 7% at perimeters.We have decided to remove the poly over the whole shower base by sanding and let the whole shower dry out then repair and reseal. My question is what grit sandpaper should I use to be sure to save the integrity of the micro cement finish?
I would go 40 grit to make sure its removed.May have to recoat if you cut through worse case.Thats the trouble with resin micro relying on Pu Sealer.I would highly recommend an epoxy based.

The product was Cimentart Aqua Nature and their poly. I am concerned with the irregular surface ( trowel dips, etc. high/low spots though minimal) that I will not get all of it removed and wonder if that will effect the new coat of sealer/poly that is their protocol.
What epoxy do you recommend? Matte finish possible? I am stateside btw.
Thanks for your response!

The product was Cimentart Aqua Nature and their poly. I am concerned with the irregular surface ( trowel dips, etc. high/low spots though minimal) that I will not get all of it removed and wonder if that will effect the new coat of sealer/poly that is their protocol.
It may be easier to give me a call to discuss if that's ok.Yes I know that brand very well but not for the best.

Please feel free to give me a call on 07719330726 and I will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards

Rich

It may be easier to give me a call to discuss if that's ok.Yes I know that brand very well but not for the best.

Please feel free to give me a call on 07719330726 and I will be happy to assist.

Kind Regards

Rich
The Inbetweeners Thumbs Up GIF

Please feel free to give me a call on 9
Do you have WhatsApp? that would be easiest way to call for me.
Yes please feel free to what's app

Can't seem to add you to my contacts on WhatsApp. Is 077 your country code? Maybe you try calling me at 1 518 929 1537