Modern render systems

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date

Members online

It’s more covering yourself mate , if a customer has a problem and you have not done your work to the right spec , you don’t have a leg to stand on .
Any comment on mesh diffusing ghosting ?

OK , only ever done lime/cement and don't intend to go back to it as I'm too old and having fun indoors anyway
Don't doubt modern is better but clemos comments on ghosting , over Feb block/ brick mortar got me curious , zombie won't answer me about the mesh comment and don't blame him blame tbf but what's your take on mesh diffusing the ghosting , feel free to take the p155 as long as you don't mind it back , been a good laugh lads , jess don't forget to ask permission
Iv really only got it using sand and cement or ocr renders. Not on mono or tin coat system's. If the block work is very wet u will got it on mono. So just don't do it when its piss wet. I do new builds 7 Newton concrete block. All my jobs average about 300m2 a house. I can tell b4 I even start a house now just by looking at the joints. If they are dusty looking there is to mush Feb in the mix. I just say it to the builder or client. Iv even said to one builder I bet it was concentrated fab used hear. He said yes how do u know. I picked up a nail from the ground and scraped the mortar joint with it. Was like dust. We did the job did really get them. But 1 area under chimney on a wet day they are kind of visible. On that job. Over 20mm on that area.

Iv really only got it using sand and cement or ocr renders. Not on mono or tin coat system's. If the block work is very wet u will got it on mono. So just don't do it when its piss wet. I do new builds 7 Newton concrete block. All my jobs average about 300m2 a house. I can tell b4 I even start a house now just by looking at the joints. If they are dusty looking there is to mush Feb in the mix. I just say it to the builder or client. Iv even said to one builder I bet it was concentrated fab used hear. He said yes how do u know. I picked up a nail from the ground and scraped the mortar joint with it. Was like dust. We did the job did really get them. But 1 area under chimney on a wet day they are kind of visible. On that job. Over 20mm on that area.
Cheers for the input , and everyone else, spend too much time looking for problems lol
Just one comment , the dusty mortar, ,, also caused by being over mixed , even correct Feb levels can produce the same effect you are talking about , microbubbles in excess result in biscuit , when set the mortar can absorb more water , so soaks up more rain and then weeps to produce ghost as render dries ??

Cheers for the input , and everyone else, spend too much time looking for problems lol
Just one comment , the dusty mortar, ,, also caused by being over mixed , even correct Feb levels can produce the same effect you are talking about , microbubbles in excess result in biscuit , when set the mortar can absorb more water , so soaks up more rain and then weeps to produce ghost as render dries ??

Yes. And remixing mortar which a lot of brickies do will cause the same problem.

And an other one is where the c**t brickies stop building for a few days or weeks. And come back and start building again u will get separation on the mortar joint. Which will crack the render.

Especially baged renders they will crack for fun.
Its like all new products , trying to simplify things , then people forget they have a brain lol , bit like grit and PVA, Friday mix on skim , chucking water on the wall, endless fun , I just smile

Last summer with that heat I did some gables with white roughcast that probably I really shouldn’t have as it was far too hot,anyway I managed it all applied properly to the correct spec and depths all 100% but now if the panel ever gets wet ghosting can be seen in the odd part,either to dry for to long or the heat has killed the strength of the gear!builder wanted it done I got paid and I don’t lose any sleep over it,s**t happens even with cast never mind modern renders

Last summer with that heat I did some gables with white roughcast that probably I really shouldn’t have as it was far too hot,anyway I managed it all applied properly to the correct spec and depths all 100% but now if the panel ever gets wet ghosting can be seen in the odd part,either to dry for to long or the heat has killed the strength of the gear!builder wanted it done I got paid and I don’t lose any sleep over it,s**t happens even with cast never mind modern renders
Had a builder that used to do a bit for , didn't get much as he can plaster ( reasonably ) and on the councils list for historic buildings , so he says , never get much cos he quite likes lime , middle of the summer , close to 80 ° expected ,west facing blocks probably 60 m2 , awkward scaffold ,
Me,,,,,high rich , think its a no no today mate
Rich ,,,, why , I'm all set up
Lol , he got in my way and ended up at the bottom with his lab and did it on me own ( scratch already on)
Was alright till the sun crept past the gable end , b,ggr did I sweat , was stoned as well lol

Be careful with the Cork Render, my opinion is it’s a bit of a passing fad. Not all it’s cracked up to be, no pun intended
Someone posted insulating render , not cork, a couple of months ago for free (supply only) as a promo , can't remember the post title , anyone ? , think it had poly beads

Someone posted insulating render , not cork, a couple of months ago for free (supply only) as a promo , can't remember the post title , anyone ? , think it had poly beads

Certainly won’t be the Cork Render suppliers whose name I won’t mention, they wouldn’t give anything away for free.

I actually had this conversation with a marketing guy they’d got. I asked why they were charging £200 per tub on a brand new product they were dying to push out there and why weren’t they knocking buckets out and flooding the market.

He compared the product to TESLA (electro cars worth about £60,000)

My reply was “and how many Tesla’s do you see driving about?”

Certainly won’t be the Cork Render suppliers whose name I won’t mention, they wouldn’t give anything away for free.

I actually had this conversation with a marketing guy they’d got. I asked why they were charging £200 per tub on a brand new product they were dying to push out there and why weren’t they knocking buckets out and flooding the market.

He compared the product to TESLA (electro cars worth about £60,000)

My reply was “and how many Tesla’s do you see driving about?”

I got a pack sent out for the cork stuff. The sample to me just didn’t seem tough enough for render. Scrape past it with a wheelbarrow etc and it would come off. Too soft.