Monocouche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamo-Dave

Hi all,
I'm a Dry Liner by trade but I've been asked to supply and fix some monocouch render, it looks quite expensive to get into, I don't want to be to cheap, if I win the work I will need a subby plaster who can apply it. Washington, Tyne & Wear. Any ideas what to charge I've heard the Weber stuff is about £10 a bag/m2. ???

Theres about 10 houses with between 50m2 and 100m2 on each.

hi dave, i'm a skirting boarder by trade. i cant do any other carpentry so thought i'd start a whole new trade. how you doing?

On the Dry Lining front ok, been in and out of work for the past 18 months, although the last 6 months has been good, well better than the 6 months before.

Whats the employment like where your at?

Any idea regarding the rate per m2 for the service on supply and fix of monocouche so that I can pay a plasterer a good rate and still cover myself. :eek:

there was a lad on here called render systems .....sure he used to charge 80 quid per m :)

so if you charge 100, youll make 20 a m2. orrrrrrr. learn the whole trade and then you can do it ;D

you need to be pricing it so you can pay your labour at least £13pm measuring over windows mate then work out the cost of materials and then how much you wanna earn

I'm sick of learning new stuff, but how can I render and Dry Line at the same time I'll be working inside not outside I'm to soft for that, thats why I got a inside trade like most of you. ;D

£80 per m2 sounds great.. I'll get a ferrari with whats left... ;D

1 little thing though mate, dry linings not a trade its an aspect of the plastering trade ;)

That old chesnut, Dry Linings not a trade. ;D I do all other aspects of plastering except plastering... Suspended Ceilings, Partitions, Dot & dab, Tacking, Taping & Jointing, Coving. I used to do a bit of skimming years ago but prefered Dry Lining.

But for £80 per m2 I'll try it in the nude!!

if you buy by the pallet you will get it a bit cheaper than tenner a bag and you will need all the discount you can get cos prices are crap at the mo ask your subbie what he will do it for /M2 and then bung your 10%on top or whatever you are happy with

always there to jump in and take a job mr systems but dont see you posting much , Dave pm me or monkey, external is all we do mate and we travel. The reason you have asked to price the lot is because firms want to deal with one company.

simps is right i lose alot of work to drylining firms that get asked to price in the renders even the insulated and facade walls just cos the MC cant be bothered to split the package, they want it on one package - less office work for them (lazy bstrds) most of the drylining firms just chuck a gang of skimmers on the outside and they aint got a clue what there doing, hence all the sh1te looking buildings you see around the place gettin modern renders a bad name and doin decent gangs out of work, they also mainly price it at even or cost to win the contracts cos they already got their butty in from the drylining

we just done a job for a drylining co ,what a joke wrong beads, 20 bags turning up one day 30 the next , no primer for the lac , now im fighting for me money, hes saying i will get paid when he does :mad:

hes a right w@nker, was doin the job through someone else , i lost me temper started tearing into him in front of this other geezer, think i upset him too, getting fed up of it mate,getting it all the time now! ???

beat the guy who you did it for with a scafold pole and i bet the other guy will have your cheque before you have finished beating the first guy. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i would paul but the last person i done that to didnt give me any more work ??? and works hard to come by now ::)

simplybesty said:
always there to jump in and take a job mr systems but dont see you posting much , Dave pm me or monkey, external is all we do mate and we travel. The reason you have asked to price the lot is because firms want to deal with one company.
cheeky sod... i have been in spain for 3 1/2 weeks with no internet access thats why ive not been posting

Ime in England at the moment, going back after Easter to get my dog and the missus, lock the house up and come back here till things get better if they ever do.
Lucius.

merlin said:
we just done a job for a drylining co ,what a joke wrong beads, 20 bags turning up one day 30 the next , no primer for the lac , now im fighting for me money, hes saying i will get paid when he does :mad:
I lose my rag over this it really bugs me when they cant be bothered to give the rendereing to thr renderers! they might be saving a bit of admin but how can you offer your full service and quality when a middle man is making off your back they need to go direct for the external straight to the right teams, surely thats sensible for the good of the job :mad: :mad: :mad: Qs, main contractors, devcelopers take note.

I totally agree with you, but this year has been a weird one, in the past I would have just pasted it on, but work is tight, on my last job I had to supply and fit the loft insulation (the most shocking job of my life) but I had to do it to win the Dry Lining works.

Although this opportunity has given me a lot to think about, I helped a guy for a few months about 8 years ago when I was on the books for a big NE Dry Lining company. I might try and bluff it, it might be ok.

(Thanks for all the input, you never know render-systems might have to save me in the end). ;D

ok, Fellas here's an update.

I haven't even given the client a price yet and already they've given me 2 developments to render. (They like to way we operate the Dry Lining and are going off merit)

As I mentioned previously I had a little experience about 8 years ago but had planned at applying by hand (with the help of others).

If I were to buy a machine for applying the mono, which one would be a starting point for me and is it difficult to learn to use.

p.s do you apply rend aid to thermal blocks?

i would apply any prerend to therm blocks with mesh around windows and doors what manufacturer are you going for

The client is giving me 2 developments with 45 units in total to see how it goes, if successful they have 21 developments available (not all have alot of render on say every 3rd or 4th unit but the Dry Lining will be there for us)

I have to use Weber m pral Ivory with rend aid.

I'm gonna try and get some lads off the dole who I used to work along side a few years back.

You can't let these opportunity's slip away can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.