monocouche

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

granville

Could someone tell. Me how to put monocouche from start to Finnish do I need to rule it and if I float it o any difference in Finnish asap got house to do next week im a plasterer but first time for monocouche help!!

hmm interesting one here lads... do i have to get it flat??? ok well heres some advice
spend £10k on a machine... spray the mono on 25mm thick... get it level... rub up with scratch float 3 days later

Dont listen to him, he's unbalanced.

As are you if you take on this house knowing fck all about the material you'll be covering it in.

Good luck and dont forget to face east when you pray!

ok proper advice
do your first pass at 5-6mm put mesh in if required around window and doors, also put some lanko latex in if your going over block work to avoid ghosting
then go over your first pass with 10-12mm making sure you go over the top of your 15mm beads... then you have to wait anything between 4-18 hours before you scratch it back to the beads

Thats why I'm asking I been plasterer for 23 years I no it as to b flat I'm not a dick. I have used before but pebble dash wonted to no about Finnishing

When I have put top coat on and ruled of and got flat how long before I float and looks like fancy tools carnt I finnish with a normal float

Rright got that bit no special tools needed and gosting ? Carnt I just unibond breeze block s ? And thank you for your help

if you have never done any mono ,it would be a good idea to say what area you are in ,someone on here may help you out,

I only took job on to get hands on and it's the new thing and only way to learn is to do it and me and my man render systems will knock it out lol

It carnt b alot different to rendering put your scratch coat on then top coat rule and float just longer setting times?

It carnt b alot different to rendering put your scratch coat on then top coat rule and float just longer setting times?
It,s very different mate ,and if it is done wrong the material out lay alone is far more then s/c as in your case at least £700 plus beads /mesh and any base coats if needed

Granni

the post does come across a little "Im a dentist but Im doing a heart transplant next week can someone tell me how" so don't mind the funny comments on here its all banter

but seriously, get on with a gang for a few jobs and adapt your skills to suit mono work - easy

like all render yes it needs to be flat, flat as a witches ti t. dont listen to the yeah its easy just lob it on heavy and scraoe it back......when the sun hits it it usually looks a bag of shite unless its flat

always keep a wet edge or you will see edging, keep the mix consistent or you will see shading, use the I section or you will see dishing. stick to the right thickness - too thin and you could get ghosting

Good luck matey

I no it's not going to be easy a lot of hard graft if mixs r all same and plenty thickness and flat ( lol ) would b ok . How much would you bang on before ruling of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.