MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrSpoon85

just wodnered what you guys are getting for your money out of your vans, id lvoe to upgrade and get a bigger van but after a conversation with someone else with a bigger van im put off quite alot!

im running a small old vauxhall combo diesel van and for £10 i get about 100 miles so with the current price of about £1.04.9 - £1.05.9 im gettin about 48.5mpg with you cant grumble at atall really!!

yet this chap with his big transit like renault van with a 2.7 diesel van says he gets about 70 miles for £20! which seems daft! thats like 16.5mpg or so, he did mention his engines had it tho but got me thingking.. is it really gonna cost that much more to run a bigger van?? ???

i did have a reanult kangoo which i used to put £ 25 in a week. now i've got a fait scudo which is £35-£40 a week so i would stick to the smaller van until u need a bigger1, only because fuel is a rip off.

i have a transit van mate its a old bt one the engine is sound and its costen me a fortune in fuel almost a tenna every other day do about 18miles on a tenna if i go on a motorway its even worse when the revs get up there , imthe opposite to you mate im after a smaller van i bought mine incase of boarding jobs but in the past 9 months iv boarded 2 and could of got them deliverd. i wish i got a combi van . unless you are planning to do a lot of boarding jobs mae i dont see the use of a bloody bog van like mine. ??? ??? ???

Got an ex BT transit aswell absoloutly bullet proof, usualy stick about £10 or £20 a day init depending on wher the job is but thats on average. All those bags of plaster make a huge difference to the fuel econemy aswell.

got an old transit, got nicked last week for being over weight, and the costums and excusses. and yer and enviroment health! NOW WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT? my van is a work horse not a fruurkin race horse, hey whats the cost of hey these days? and a horse with cart! the transit is on most ocations £ 10- 20 a day but have put £50.00 one dy and £50.00 the next, at the moment £jacshut.00!.

Ex rac transit 2.4 diesel. does about 32 for a tenner. i dont know what that is per gallon - i just go per fiver or per tenner these days - i dont know how much diesel is per gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.