multi finish be OK on this job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Bit of advice please,
Looked at a job for a friend the other night, its an old traditional terraced house. 2 rooms - bedroom and a downstairs lounge. In the lounge there has been some damp work and it looks like maybe s&c the rest of the walls upstairs and downstairs are bare plaster - I'm wondering if the walls are lime based 'though I am not sure'. If they are what's your thoughts on PVA as per and 2 coat multi in terms of breathability??
Cheers in advance!
Dan

I'm always dubious about asking anything on here because for every helpful advice you get there'll always be someone who bothers to read a post but then posts a comment like that. It doesn't matter how good/long you've been plastering for I'm sure there'll be a point were you come across something your a little unsure of - hence ask for a little advice!? Yeah it might sound basic to you, no harm in asking in my opinion.

BG are setting up their own learning hub and forum so the apprentices and the like have somewhere to ask questions without getting the verbals for asking questions

BG are setting up their own learning hub and forum so the apprentices and the like have somewhere to ask questions without getting the verbals for asking questions
Verbals like this?? "Your trying to pi** on our bonfire!!" :RpS_mad:
Its called "banter" or have you never been on a job before!!??

Just passing on information, by the way at 52 I think I might have been on a job or two, besides if you've ever pissed on a fire you know how bad it stinks and you'd not want to do it again

Well I think your cheeky plugging a new BG forum on here and surprised @Danny or one of the Mods hasn't collared you over it!!?? The people who post on here admitting they haven't a clue and ask for help get it from what I read on here whereas some people who come on and talk the talk then get found out as chances then they do get some stick!? Hope that cleared things up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always dubious about asking anything on here because for every helpful advice you get there'll always be someone who bothers to read a post but then posts a comment like that. It doesn't matter how good/long you've been plastering for I'm sure there'll be a point were you come across something your a little unsure of - hence ask for a little advice!? Yeah it might sound basic to you, no harm in asking in my opinion.

The banter is part and parcel with the forum we can remove it and stop it but it would be a boring place to be... If the questions don't get answered within the first few posts then we remove the banter until the answer has been achieved...

Also there is a button which notifies moderators on the forum if you feel anything is out of taste which we always respond to :D

Danny

yes you havent seen a bag of plaster with lungs, so it cant breath:)

images
do you need one of these @Marshy

That was a bad nosebleed happened after I dropped all plaster on floor in that grotty house dust mites like leather back turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.