Multi finish going up in price

Status
Not open for further replies.
was speaking to a rep at minster in december who are part of jewson who are a part of saint gobain who i now believe own british gypsum and he told me from jan 4 4% rise on all plaster and plasterboard happy new year to one and all !!!

Just had a bust up in our merchants, asked them about the rumour of multi going up and they said everything went up by 3.5% on the 1st Jan.. I said thanks for letting us know - we're pricing a big job and you idiots don't tell us about price increases? Fcuking tossers in there are useless *****.

Just had a bust up in our merchants, asked them about the rumour of multi going up and they said everything went up by 3.5% on the 1st Jan.. I said thanks for letting us know - we're pricing a big job and you idiots don't tell us about price increases? Fcuking tossers in there are useless *****.
what you payin for multie before the increase?

IIRC £5.06 inc. vat

LOL this is what i always say **** the builders yards off they are robbin bastards i payed £4.35 in B&Q today so forget the % rise and go to B&Q. I know some people get a better deal so lets hear what your payin for multie round your way :)

We used to use B&Q but they screwed us around with our trade account and couldn't give a toss, sacked my cousin unfairly and the staff hate the place.. (this is not libel btw, it's the truth).

We're looking around for another merchant now to see if they can give better prices.

We used to use B&Q but they screwed us around with our trade account and couldn't give a toss, sacked my cousin unfairly and the staff hate the place.. (this is not libel btw, it's the truth).

We're looking around for another merchant now to see if they can give better prices.

LOL fell out with B&Q, i was workin on a guys house who also fell out with B&Q and went elsewhere for dearer materials, i thought Yeh that will teach them hahahahaha you cant complain about a 3.5% increase when you know its cheaper elsewhere.

Multi hahaha FFS thats just a DIYers plaster nowadays....

Leave that sh1te to the 'skimmer' boys....the 'one wall Waynes'

LOL fell out with B&Q, i was workin on a guys house who also fell out with B&Q and went elsewhere for dearer materials, i thought Yeh that will teach them hahahahaha you cant complain about a 3.5% increase when you know its cheaper elsewhere.

We had a 60 day trade account and used them for a good while, one day they froze it after 31 days even though they'd received our cheque for the mats on our account. stuck in bang and Screw with a trolley load of gear arguing like fcuk on the phone to their head office.. head office said they couldn't give a monkies if we closed our account or not. Told 'em to stuff it where the sun don't shine. Most of their gear was out of date, bust or not in stock. That's when we went to Keyline

We had a 60 day trade account and used them for a good while, one day they froze it after 31 days even though they'd received our cheque for the mats on our account. stuck in bang and Screw with a trolley load of gear arguing like fcuk on the phone to their head office.. head office said they couldn't give a monkies if we closed our account or not. Told 'em to stuff it where the sun don't shine. Most of their gear was out of date, bust or not in stock. That's when we went to Keyline
I had a problem getting a trade account (one were i dont have to pay straight away) and i buy all the time from there on my trade card lol, they keep sayin try again coz their system updates but gave up after two goes couldnt be arsed. But i dont think i would go and buy dearer im not stupid x

And to be honest ive never seen their gear out of date or out of stock and if its bust they are the best in the world for bringing stuff back to.

And to be honest ive never seen their gear out of date or out of stock and if its bust they are the best in the world for bringing stuff back to.

Last time we were there they had a full pallet of browning about a week out of date, though tbh with the bust bags they used to give us a plastic bag to slide it in and charge us a quid for it as damaged stock.

Last time we were there they had a full pallet of browning about a week out of date, though tbh with the bust bags they used to give us a plastic bag to slide it in and charge us a quid for it as damaged stock.

Dont think mine sell brownin havent used it for years I bet your payin more than a pound for it now lol

Love it when you tell the rep from the merchants, keyline, jewson etc... No I'm gettin my gear from bnq, wicks......"erm, well, ah, but, it's, eh, yeh but it s a loss leader for them?????..........,, yep it is:RpS_wink:

It's impossible not to get bummed buying dri coat as its ridiculously expensive. And getting hold of it is becoming more difficult. The only place in liverpool I know that has it on the shelf is travis in on the dock road. Sheffield insulations where I usually get my gear from now don't have it on the shelf however I can order it in there if I give them 2 days notice

It's impossible not to get bummed buying dri coat as its ridiculously expensive. And getting hold of it is becoming more difficult. The only place in liverpool I know that has it on the shelf is travis in on the dock road. Sheffield insulations where I usually get my gear from now don't have it on the shelf however I can order it in there if I give them 2 days notice
bought four bags in travis p london for £61 crazy price and thats discounted

I never used to like using tradepoint because it always seemed full of diyers. Never really paid attention to how much I was paying at the merchant until I only ordered 2 bags and it came to 12quid. Since then ive used tradepoint when I can. Theyre cheaper. Always have plenty of finish and boards in and are open from 7-9 so I can go before or after the merchants are open or closed. Another reason I liked going the merchant is you meet other trades there and ive been asked for a card a few times. Whereas they tend to keep to themselves in tradepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.