multi on lime?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok bruce ill tell you the family secrate.. its a huge roll of thick plastic from TP they are about £40 a roll but worth every penny

Bruce Willis said:
steve cov said:
oasis just get the thin stuff. its just as good. abut 12 quid
Whats the thin stuff like for walking in though with stilts? Do you think it will rip through?

as long as your careful should be fine mate.

nah go with the thick stuff.. that way u no that the dust stays away from the carpet and any water is safe ontop .. :)

oasis said:
nah go with the thick stuff.. that way u no that the dust stays away from the carpet and any water is safe ontop .. :)
Yeh think the thick stuff's best. How much do you get on a roll?

oasis said:
doing over skims on domestic is usually about 60% ontop of old lime or lath walls and ceilings but people say you should as gypsum does not let it breath? what else could i use that it easy to apply or get to grips with like multi?

i always use multi
whats the room used for, if there going to paint it with vinalsilk it wont make any difference
most lime walls for example, schools are painted witn high gloss or eggshell, they certainly dont breath mate ;)

oasis said:
ok bruce ill tell you the family secrate.. its a huge roll of thick plastic from TP they are about £40 a roll but worth every penny

ive used visqueen for years, you can mop up any splashes and jobs a good'n
wouldnt like to work off stilts though
bet stilts are tricky on dust sheets?
:)

oasis said:
dont no how much on a roll mate loads!
Ok can you get a tape an measure it for me? Within a few mm will be sufficient. ;D
Thanks again for that Oasis, think Ill try out that stuff as Im sick of dust sheets and after a bit they move away from the edges anyway.

i do find the lime wallas need loads of PVA as they pull in alot, i went back to that job 2day and had quite a few watermarks that dint show at the time.. signs of it pulling in a bit 2 quick... i sometimes do my magic bond it/ PVA water mix :)

oasis if you find its pulling in too quick then just make the pva mix stronger. no need to mix it with wba

do you ever get t when the walls dry but it looks like its got hollows every were bit when u feel it the area is all nice and smooth? i can only think it pulled in 2 quick and tahts y its giving the watermark effect.. ah well jobs a good one still.... funny stuff plaster every few months i find it does something i cant explain!

were always learning in this job ....i like to think of meself as a scientist in DM boots ;D ..personally when i skim over lime walls make good any blown areas stabilise leave to dry, pva then 2 coat skim ,stabileser soaks into lime render more than pva then binds it altogether then pva has more chance of holding .works for me but then i aint got a cscs card ;)

"stabilise" ? what do you use as i use bond it watered down on lime alot and i allways find most lime walls are all blown and shot!

youll struggle alot more than others oasis domestics alot harder to get a good finish than site work

Status
Not open for further replies.