my speedskim blade is stuck!?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use vinegar on plaster. Just get cheap stuff and put it in plasterers bath and leave speed skim over night. Should be clean and slide out an treat.

good idea with the calgon, didn't seem to harm the ally profile of the speed skim took me about 10 minutes then scrubbed it of and rinsed it, i just use brick acid cause its quick, not that I'm a quick plasterer mind you:RpS_laugh:

Hi all

As far as getting the blades out is concerned when using your Speedskim there are some important maintenance guidelines to follow. These are referenced on the Care & Maintenance sticker on the handle (also on the website). Its very important to clean the unit in clean water after each use - but also routinely remove the blade and wash the aluminium slot with clean cold water. This we recommend once a week to remove any silt build up, allowing the blade to expand in ranging temperatures and make blade changing easy.

We advise if you are using on sand and cement (especially lime base products) that you clean the aluminium slot with clean cold when you have finished for the day.

We realise this may be a drag to some, but you do sometimes have to maintain a product to ensure its best performance.

If you have allowed the silt to build up soaking the Speedskim in a water butt for a few hours/over night generally does the trick - but we advise the maintenance steps to prevent this being necessary.

We do listen to you guys and are rolling out some improvements to make it slightly lower maintenance. These maintenance improvements should roll out in 3 to 4 months.

Please see general FAQ's link - most Speedskim questions are answered here:

Speedskim

Hope this is helpful :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi all

As far as getting the blades out is concerned when using your Speedskim there are some important maintenance guidelines to follow. These are referenced on the Care & Maintenance sticker on the handle (also on the website). Its very important to clean the unit in clean water after each use - but also routinely remove the blade and wash the aluminium slot with clean cold water. This we recommend once a week to remove any silt build up, allowing the blade to expand in ranging temperatures and make blade changing easy.

We advise if you are using on sand and cement (especially lime base products) that you clean the aluminium slot with clean cold when you have finished for the day.

We realise this may be a drag to some, but you do sometimes have to maintain a product to ensure its best performance.

If you have allowed the silt to build up soaking the Speedskim in a water butt for a few hours/over night generally does the trick - but we advise the maintenance steps to prevent this being necessary.

We do listen to you guys and are rolling out some improvements to make it slightly lower maintenance. These maintenance improvements should roll out in 3 to 4 months.

Please see general FAQ's link - most Speedskim questions are answered here:

Speedskim

Hope this is helpful :RpS_thumbup:

How much lower can the maintenance get

Hopefully a reduction in the effects of any silt build-up - but keeping the unit nice and clean will always be our recommendation for best all-round performance. ;-)

I'm still waiting for you to make a cleaning tool for the grooves @Speedskim or you could ask @beddy to remodel his beddy brush ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for you to make a cleaning tool for the grooves @Speedskim or you could ask @beddy to remodel his beddy brush ;-)

I know - every time I look in my rear view mirror you're there - its like that Spielberg movie! :RpS_w00t:

images.jpg

.....that accessory is a good shout but the Beddy brush sounds like a short term solution... ;-)

Attachments

• Nightmare.jpg
    Nightmare.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 349
i changed mine last week. smashed it to pieces getting it out. smeared some vaseline on the new blade groove. hopefully it will be easier next time :RpS_unsure:

I had to screw 2 bits if wood either side of it then smashed the **** outta it with a hammer that was the 1200 I can't see me getting the 1800 one out at all.......

Status
Not open for further replies.