New dewalt mixing drill

even tho its 54v volt id check the amp/hour when in 54v mode. the collomix/metabo are 5.2 amp hr . You will mix 3 x 1 bag mixes with it before it needs charging. the dewalt is only about 2 amp in 54v mode its not gonna last long no matter how much power its got, thats probably ok for tools that dont need much torque but for a mixer its probably no more effecient than 18v 5.2 amp

Last edited:
I use a xo10. its ok for small bits and pieces, like bags of render for repairs, paint, microgobetis, bag of skim, tile adhesives . its luxury to just grab a wisk that works straight away . but its not suited for day to day skimming IMO

My one from aldi is height adjustable...............
If I stand on a crate, the end of it is further away from the floor........:whistle:
Ever wondered why u might be spreading rocks all over the gaff with all the s**t left at the bottom of the bucket then? Lol.

I could do with a little 240 mixer for skimming jobs on the weekend it’s a ballache dragging the transformer out every time. I’m not buying anything for a while though most of it just sits in the van getting in the way o_O
Lad bought a little 40 pound mixer. Took piss at first but comes in so handy for them little jobs. Wouldnt be without the little yorkshire pudding mixer now

You used to be able to get diesel/petrol ones!

I saw a bloke using a petrol one before. I’d never seen or heard of them.
I thought someone was using a strummer in the plot next door, petrol fumes and smoke coming out the window!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a 240 vitrex cheap £90 drill for one of my lads and we use it all the time now mega mixer stays in van!can mix a tub up probably quicker with cheaper drill,think mega mixers are over rated personally and over priced.1800 eibenstock coat me £380 when I bought it and tbh I can't kill this cheap drill it mixes everything.

I bought a 240 vitrex cheap £90 drill for one of my lads and we use it all the time now mega mixer stays in van!can mix a tub up probably quicker with cheaper drill,think mega mixers are over rated personally and over priced.1800 eibenstock coat me £380 when I bought it and tbh I can't kill this cheap drill it mixes everything.

My cheapo £65 ebay job was a brute of a mixer and took a long time to kill :D Mixed hardwall no probs in water butts no bother at all :D

Ive had my eibenstock 20 years next april , so be gutted when i have to replace it.
I bought a cheap drill around 6 years ago as a back up but it makes a right racket.

I have had two eibenstocks for over twenty years and only had to change the leads on them where they fall over and t**t the lead mind you the bearings on the little one make a bit of noise now but it still does the job, we use them for sand and cement knocks up bigger gauges than a bell end mixer and quicker no mess straight on the board

Ive had my eibenstock 20 years next april , so be gutted when i have to replace it.
I bought a cheap drill around 6 years ago as a back up but it makes a right racket.
Last time I got 20 years out of something it was in front of a judge

even tho its 54v volt id check the amp/hour when in 54v mode. the collomix/metabo are 5.2 amp hr . You will mix 3 x 1 bag mixes with it before it needs charging. the dewalt is only about 2 amp in 54v mode its not gonna last long no matter how much power its got, thats probably ok for tools that dont need much torque but for a mixer its probably no more effecient than 18v 5.2 amp

wrong very wrong, sounded like you new what you was talking about lol but clearly haven't a scooby

For clarity I have one so know who good it is and how long the battery lasts for.

Not bad. Have you tried anything tougher like board adhesive?
(get ready for the posts... "that'd only last me 'til lunchtime).
No,have a normal one with genny for dabbing but just nice to grab the cordless when skimming as most times you can’t get near your plot because of trenches etc.no genny back ache.!!

The batteries are lasting well to be honest
On a different note.being in the Midlands for a year I’m coming across gangs that sponge,fill everything out,1 coat sponge and trowel up.i,ve seen some miscoated and still see the figures of 8 thru it and getting counter charged.i 3 bag fill out and 2 coat.2,5 hrs per gauge.do you stick to what works for you or what.?????

On a different note.being in the Midlands for a year I’m coming across gangs that sponge,fill everything out,1 coat sponge and trowel up.i,ve seen some miscoated and still see the figures of 8 thru it and getting counter charged.i 3 bag fill out and 2 coat.2,5 hrs per gauge.do you stick to what works for you or what.?????

Hmmmm

I have said it before on a few posts and that is that i have not seen with my own eyes a good finish achieved with a sponge...