New door. To wide for reveal

Members online

No members online now.

hail hail

Private Member
Howya lads. Haven't been on here in a good while. Hope everyone keeping well.

Mate of mine getting some work done on his house and got someone to cut track out for a door and make a mess of it. Just running it by yous for ideas on sorting this for a plate reval. It's abit much to be dubbing out with sand and cement. Only thing I can think of is cut it out and key it in again with blocks or bricks. Anything else I think off I think it'll crack. Someone mentioned put a brick upright and put expanded metal over the joint but again, I can see this cracking eventually seeing as it's a double door. Other option, a 4x2 wrapped in felt secured to the wall with express nails and covered in expanded metal, scratch, float, reveal.

But with all that said, first option of cutting out, keying it in sounds best option for me even thou it is the one that'll take the longest.

IMG-20231028-WA0000.jpg

You need to cut that back @tooth masonry

cut back render @ bead round opening make good render

No cill either so that’s another job needs doing …

What rough beast fitted that?

Some rough c**t. Left a right mess he did!

You need to cut that back @tooth masonry

cut back render @ bead round opening make good render

No cill either so that’s another job needs doing …

Yeah toothing in with blocks or bricks is the best option I can think off. Scratch then float a d put reveal on. If you think this is bad, the lintel head is 2 inch's of level. There'll be some dicking about dubbing out for the head reveal.