new ritmo

Members online

Is getting a mortar pressure meter in with the package? It is a meter you use to check how worn your r&s is. They are not cheap but well worth having one.

Also a brush for cleaning up the mortar outlet hole. Don’t rely on the wash out to clean it. You will get build up of crap around the base of the Manometer piston. If you get a piece of grit up the bore its a £200 fix. I find a texture gun brush fits.

Also with add-ons consider a purge pipe for pipe blockages. Ask your trainer for how to deal with a pipe blockage. Time is critical. If you can, lay it out straight and run your vehicle over it to crush the blockage then the purge pipe to flush it out.

Hopefully you will get a checklist on where to start looking when it stops. What to look at first to point you in the right direction.

Eg, is the power on?, water pressure ok?,manometer reading ok?

Also, you may get it backing up water onto your chamber for various reasons. This will mean emptying the hopper of dry powder quickly, and a quick clean out. Same if you get it running with no water although getting your rotar out of your stator might be difficult, faster changing it with a spare. This halfway through a wall will have to be done quickly. Get yourself a ratchet with the needed sockets in the toolbox and with teamwork, you will be up and running in minutes.

Ask your trainer how to get going again when you have let the barrel run dry, it can be done so long as you don't try the power button on the motor. If the water pressure gauge is on zero or below 2 bar then fix the problem then follow the procedure on how to get going again without a strip down.

Get the priming of the pot right on set up. Under or over will give you problems.

Also get some other Ritmo users telephone number handy, your dealer might be busy when you ring him.

Also have a spare r&s. That's a must have.
i was thinking of.getting one of these for any blocks or once a month jet the material hose and that? worth it? or too far?

Had a few when I got the machine but I know the machine inside out now. I clean and set it up. Make sure it's all done right. And if I do have a problem now I'll know what it is. I've used other machines b4 I had a ritmo.
its alot to take in at any one time. looking forward to spraying. not looking forward to learning the hard way haha

Is getting a mortar pressure meter in with the package? It is a meter you use to check how worn your r&s is. They are not cheap but well worth having one.

Also a brush for cleaning up the mortar outlet hole. Don’t rely on the wash out to clean it. You will get build up of crap around the base of the Manometer piston. If you get a piece of grit up the bore its a £200 fix. I find a texture gun brush fits.

Also with add-ons consider a purge pipe for pipe blockages. Ask your trainer for how to deal with a pipe blockage. Time is critical. If you can, lay it out straight and run your vehicle over it to crush the blockage then the purge pipe to flush it out.

Hopefully you will get a checklist on where to start looking when it stops. What to look at first to point you in the right direction.

Eg, is the power on?, water pressure ok?,manometer reading ok?

Also, you may get it backing up water onto your chamber for various reasons. This will mean emptying the hopper of dry powder quickly, and a quick clean out. Same if you get it running with no water although getting your rotar out of your stator might be difficult, faster changing it with a spare. This halfway through a wall will have to be done quickly. Get yourself a ratchet with the needed sockets in the toolbox and with teamwork, you will be up and running in minutes.

Ask your trainer how to get going again when you have let the barrel run dry, it can be done so long as you don't try the power button on the motor. If the water pressure gauge is on zero or below 2 bar then fix the problem then follow the procedure on how to get going again without a strip down.

Get the priming of the pot right on set up. Under or over will give you problems.

Also get some other Ritmo users telephone number handy, your dealer might be busy when you ring him.

Also have a spare r&s. That's a must have.
how long you had a ritmo ? you know your stuff. i will defo ask the questions on the training

how long you had a ritmo ? you know your stuff. i will defo ask the questions on the training

4 years. You learn on every breakdown.

Had loads of trouble last year. Tripping rcd’s. It was the cables that needed replacing. 4mm for the Ritmo 2.5mm for the pump. Not a trip since.

Those flex cables don’t last forever.

If you do use any chemicals always connect the Ritmo to the mains after and flush out. Make sure it goes through the whole water system.

4 years. You learn on every breakdown.

Had loads of trouble last year. Tripping rcd’s. It was the cables that needed replacing. 4mm for the Ritmo 2.5mm for the pump. Not a trip since.

Those flex cables don’t last forever.

If you do use any chemicals always connect the Ritmo to the mains after and flush out. Make sure it goes through the whole water system.
do you always manage to fix the breakdown and continue spraying? or sack it and hand ball

do you always manage to fix the breakdown and continue spraying? or sack it and hand ball

Depends on my mood. If my blokes have the enthusiasm then it gets fixed. If they give a sigh of releif when it conks out then I am off.

Had a phone call today from a spread who had a problem. His compressor wasn’t working.

Went through the usual checks and still didn’t work. So he rang PFT Northern and the compressor was stuck. His ritmo is kept in a container so suffers from damp. The plates in the compressor had corrosion and was stuck together.

A common problem when the machine has not been used in a while.

It's easy just take your time on set up and don't talk to anyone when setting it up. Just stay in the zone lol
This happened to me recently with ours, I was setting it up, somebody called me over about something else, I came back, loaded it up with powder but forgetting to put the water in the chamber to start with, it packed in had to clean it all out again...I was f..ing and blinding worse than Gordon Ramsey on a coke binge.

Had a phone call today from a spread who had a problem. His compressor wasn’t working.

Went through the usual checks and still didn’t work. So he rang PFT Northern and the compressor was stuck. His ritmo is kept in a container so suffers from damp. The plates in the compressor had corrosion and was stuck together.

A common problem when the machine has not been used in a while.
is there anything can do to prevent this as mines kept in a container aswell

This happened to me recently with ours, I was setting it up, somebody called me over about something else, I came back, loaded it up with powder but forgetting to put the water in the chamber to start with, it packed in had to clean it all out again...I was f..ing and blinding worse than Gordon Ramsey on a coke binge.

Same happened to me b4 I got lucky only had half a bag in it lol

Last edited:
If your leaving it a container, I'd say frost might be your biggest worry.
I left mine in a container in January this year on a new build site, I though it would be ok, never bothered to drain it, but it dropped silly cold(not forecast either) a few days later after cold snap had been, I looked a cracked water chamber, a£100 quid to replace and 2 lost days spraying until it came from pft.

If your leaving it a container, I'd say frost might be your biggest worry.
I left mine in a container in January this year on a new build site, I though it would be ok, never bothered to drain it, but it dropped silly cold(not forecast either) a few days later after cold snap had been, I looked a cracked water chamber, a£100 quid to replace and 2 lost days spraying until it came from pft.

Pity there is no proof that Calcium Chloride causes problems to the water works.

Leave it in with Calcium Chloride in the water is an anti freeze.

Brilliant machines and like Rigby I've had every breakdown possible,but 99% of those were my own fault.
Start up is the most important and take your time doing this
Connect water
Connect power
Purge air out of water system
Set speed
Remove feed pipe from hopper and set your water level
Reconnect pipe and prime mixing pot
Sprinkle powder into hopper just above mixing shaft
Turn on motor for a few seconds and get material though
Connect pre wet hose ,fill hopper with bag and turn on motor
When material comes through the hose turn machine off
Connect compressor and gun
Start spraying or ring les

I had one of the diesel machines about 10 years ago the Labour i had that time was trained on it and he was great on it no problems but no one after him could use it

Brilliant machines and like Rigby I've had every breakdown possible,but 99% of those were my own fault.
Start up is the most important and take your time doing this
Connect water
Connect power
Purge air out of water system
Set speed
Remove feed pipe from hopper and set your water level
Reconnect pipe and prime mixing pot
Sprinkle powder into hopper just above mixing shaft
Turn on motor for a few seconds and get material though
Connect pre wet hose ,fill hopper with bag and turn on motor
When material comes through the hose turn machine off
Connect compressor and gun
Start spraying or ring les
Exactly the same setup as my m200. Made me laugh.

Sprayed yesterday gonna share for the op , had no pressure coming out my pump and it was flashing failure , took two hours to work out but basically the re is a flap inside the water out let at top connection for some reason it was stuck kinked the top outlet hose , jobs a good un pressure built up and pump kicked in at 4 bar ,
Thanks Keith legend

Another positive I take from this weekend is the lightweight hose ,was proper paranoid it might kink but it was fine going up scaffolding and bending round corners , for me is far better than my old one which weighs to much , I work on own mostly and find the original a pain in arse moving along and around
AB4DE0DC-CB9C-4C8C-AC12-88509FDFB85B.jpeg

Next thing I’d like is a long gun when I got some spare dosh

H
Another positive I take from this weekend is the lightweight hose ,was proper paranoid it might kink but it was fine going up scaffolding and bending round corners , for me is far better than my old one which weighs to much , I work on own mostly and find the original a pain in arse moving along and around
View attachment 23901

hi mate. How do you work alone ? I need a labourer on my machine constantly ?

H
hi mate. How do you work alone ? I need a labourer on my machine constantly ?
True mate I’ve only used on small areas , can only get help every now and again tbh I find it vertically impossible to get labourer, use hopper extension and do now know I need more help , hopefully will be able to sort more help the more experience I get

True mate I’ve only used on small areas , can only get help every now and again tbh I find it vertically impossible to get labourer, use hopper extension and do now know I need more help , hopefully will be able to sort more help the more experience I get
Are all your labourers really small?

Where are you mate ? I have a good labourer but need help with larger sprays also. I do about 25 bags a day and whilst it pays just enough I want to do more. Maybe a helping hand each way ?

View attachment 23901

Long gun is a must for Hardwall internally.
Why don't you sell some of the other pointless shite you always seem to be buying and get the gun?

View attachment 23901

How much for the hose vince