New Tools to buy? And more

dustydave

Likely different depending on site or domestic work. Materials also.
What is new to the market regarding tools.
Can include materials in this discussion.
Or New ideas on application.
What needs to happen moving forward regarding the Plastering trade?

There s another handy tool that you did not know that you've got.
When the blade falls off your flex trowel you are left with a handle and a nice little margin trowel!

Werner platforms steps and ladders
Bought these from wickes.
Have large Werner steps from toolstation.
Quality manufacturer.

The large hop up from Wickes is way to heavy…lifting that up everyday…moving it around the room is going to give people some serious lower back issues over the years. Tool manufacturers should start designing and marketing tools that with long health in mind. Lighter, dust removal at source, quieter etc.

Werner platform is decent it’s light and you can grip it from the middle and has a longer base decent bit of kit,I do miss the milk crates though lol

Way too heavy mate. I would pay good money for the same hopup but half the weight.

Refina x skim
Used it today for the first time and pretty impressed with it tbh as I’m not a fan of stuff like that.

Werner platform is decent it’s light and you can grip it from the middle and has a longer base decent bit of kit,I do miss the milk crates though lol
Put a plank on two of them and its all over the place , ends should be level with the top.

If the surface area needs to be bigger than a platform I use the esy hop platforms. Lighter than FreeD property portfolio . More stable than dollar and the flat earth brigade
Could always level it up with ply but Fred might die from the additional weight so can't really take the risk mate !

Way too heavy mate. I would pay good money for the same hopup but half the weight.

New Tools to buy? And more

Don't mind these.

Especially when you work with someone who likes to leave things like s**t and clean with a hammer.

Does my nut

I bought one of them Stanley construction jacks the other week. Handy for boarding I find when ceiling and floors aren’t level. Handy tool, expensice but very well made. Will lift 150kg.

It's a great idea, but i set my noggins at 400mm centres and £3:50 each that's going to cost a few quid.
Like it but I'll stick to using roofing battens cutting them a few mm longer and hammering them in thanks.
Good point Steve. However, 3 mtr rsj will need 8 brackets @ £3.5 so £28 5 seconds a bracket to fit. Time is money

It's a great idea, but i set my noggins at 400mm centres and £3:50 each that's going to cost a few quid.
Like it but I'll stick to using roofing battens cutting them a few mm longer and hammering them in thanks.
Roof battens, please tell me you're not serious?