Newbie.....another damp thread, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter1450

Evening all, another DIY project on the go, after some advice on which way to go with this. Property has a cavity wall (uninsulated), that has filled with mortar, dust and roofing debris over the years which has caused major damp to the inner walls through the bridging effect.

The previous owners have had a DPC injected and rerendered at some point, this held back the damp for a while but i,ve now knocked off all the effected areas and spend days removing bricks below the floor level to clear the cavitys of all the damp muck.

Now ready to render the walls , but not sure of the best way to keep them dry, i've looked at the plastic tanking products but they are very expensive! Another alternative seems to be tanking slurry, or just plain sand & cement with waterproofer added, what in your opinion would be best to use and in what order? Cheers in advance Pete

Hi Pete ,if your going to s/c make sure the sand is washed ,with a good waterproofer ,you only need to tank ,if you have high ground levels

Thanks for the quick response Keith

I have high ground level along one outer wall,a neighbours path above the original DPC, (nothing i can do about this), buthaving got several rubble sacks of crap out of the cavity, i'm hoping this will go some way towards sorting the problem? Just want to have belt and braces!

I can understand that ,as mentioned high ground tank ,or if it is easyer to you ,tank and dry line ,if your not sure give a local good damp company a ring ,let us know what area your in and i,m sure the lads on here can help you out ,best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.