Newly qualified plasterer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan7447

Hello! I'm Ryan & I'm 25 I've finally finished my 4week course to becoming a qualified city & guilds plasterer

Finished my last week in a live house in stoke on Trent. I was 2 imperfections off from getting myself the distinction mark! So I settled with the merit I was offered (y).

Wanted to change my life around instead of working in a dead end warehouse job having to jump from agency to agency.

Obviously I'm not going to be the best of the business as many of you guys/ladies have 10/20+ years experience behind you.

But anyway I've covered rendering. Plastering, dot and dab along with many other things and come Monday I will be doing 2 weeks tiling to become a qualified (multiskilled trades man)

Did a job for my brother round 2 weeks ago. His chimney reveal had really bad cracks going straight up the side. He knew I was doing plaster and insisted I needed the "experience" I assured him. I didn't! I had to 'prep' his wall which had chipwood wallpaper. Terrible stuff. Ended up 3coating with pva bonded all of his cracks then proceeded with my 2 coats. It looked perfect. I ended up out of pocket by £35 but hey ho. Experience is experience

Today I will be doing 3walls and a ceiling in a box room. My reward will be a new Marshalltown trowel

Just thought I would get myself noticed as this is something I'm looking to be doing for as long as possible! Any tips are welcome.

Did you plaster over the woodchip? Good luck chap but I hope you got thick skin as your probably gonna get a bit of stick now(y)

Hello! I'm Ryan & I'm 25 I've finally finished my 4week course to becoming a qualified city & guilds plasterer

Finished my last week in a live house in stoke on Trent. I was 2 imperfections off from getting myself the distinction mark! So I settled with the merit I was offered (y).

Wanted to change my life around instead of working in a dead end warehouse job having to jump from agency to agency.

Obviously I'm not going to be the best of the business as many of you guys/ladies have 10/20+ years experience behind you.

But anyway I've covered rendering. Plastering, dot and dab along with many other things and come Monday I will be doing 2 weeks tiling to become a qualified (multiskilled trades man)

Did a job for my brother round 2 weeks ago. His chimney reveal had really bad cracks going straight up the side. He knew I was doing plaster and insisted I needed the "experience" I assured him. I didn't! I had to 'prep' his wall which had chipwood wallpaper. Terrible stuff. Ended up 3coating with pva bonded all of his cracks then proceeded with my 2 coats. It looked perfect. I ended up out of pocket by £35 but hey ho. Experience is experience

Today I will be doing 3walls and a ceiling in a box room. My reward will be a new Marshalltown trowel

Just thought I would get myself noticed as this is something I'm looking to be doing for as long as possible! Any tips are welcome.
Pm me am looking for a man.

Your brother sounds like a knob letting you be out of pocket when you're doing a job he insisted you do

Pm me am looking for a man.

keith ill try and get you the number for er her/him or er Shim. :bananas:
Newly qualified plasterer

Got to b a wind up as this? As lodan said I hope u dint plaster over the woodchip! Il refrain myself from telling u wat i really think in ur statement in ur fully qualified and uve covered the lot in 4 weeks....and breathe kitchy..

These threads should be deleted. They bring nothing to the table and are clearly a wind up.
Depends sum times it passes a hour or 2 grantboy..its better Than a thread about s*p*r*lex or plaziflex which Is better..now there s**t threads

Depends sum times it passes a hour or 2 grantboy..its better Than a thread about s*p*r*lex or plaziflex which Is better..now there s**t threads
Oh no, I think you're wrong on that, the bucket thread was worse, wtf it's a bucket, but it's true for most things, buy it try it, if you like it keep it, if not skip it, simple. Don't have to rave about it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oh no, I think you're wrong on that, the bucket thread was worse, wtf it's a bucket, but it's true for most things, buy it try it, if you like it keep it, if not skip it, simple. Don't have to rave about it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Lol the old bucket thread! Haha..sad T***s arnt we really..think we need Simon Langdon back asking for work every minute..those were the days

Welcome to the forum Ryan.The sky is the limit now.You won't know what to do with all the money now your fully qualified.

Hijacking the thread not Ass starting new one. Am her having a few beers with a old mate. He sells weed. Well f**k me his phone doesn't stop. Am going to tell him to turn the f**k**g phone off when he comes back he's gone to work for a minute. :tonto:

Sorry for the late reply been doing my second to last week of tiling. This surely isn't a wind up. I had to prep the wall and removed all the chipwood and what looked like 2mm of plaster that was on the walls originally. Then pva'd the wall. Bonded the cracks. Please feel free to browse the pictures below. Sorry they're not in order. My photos aren't organised ! Hope it clears things up for people thing I am joking

Attachments

• Newly qualified plasterer
    1457772674484.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 341
    1457772703403.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 363
    1457772732466.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 319
    1457772762624.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 375
    1457772796697.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 295
For those asking(winding up or not) my tutor taught me and the other 9 people a fair lot. Concidering starting on the monday and never touched a trowel/hawk. I covered a lot! Pictures below

Attachments

1457773169890.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 287
    1457773182506.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 314
    1457773200429.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 300
    1457773217368.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 341
    1457773233793.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 320
    1457773247690.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 313
    1457773262762.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 306
    1457773279097.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 340
    1457773292896.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 277
    1457773315952.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 332
The things I covered.
Dot and dab,reapplying plaster boards to the joists, doing full walls, ceiling(which are a pain!) Going round reveals(chimney and Windows) using small tools to get into tight corners floating. Screeding, bonding and rendering. Sorry if you guys thought I was a joke. And yep. Fully qualified after 4weeks. It's not a competition in who's done it longer so to speak. But I'm here to do a good job and be proud of my work! I did a job for my sister's fiancè father. Who paid me, and the guy who plastered for him originally said it's(a new self levelling plaster) it looked like he plastered it on with a btudh

Attachments

1457773345768.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 328
    1457773363943.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 358
    1457773380384.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 312
    1457773398112.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 328
    1457773418088.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 316
    1457773434367.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 328
Know1 said it was a competition on who's done it longest pal..judging by pics please dont go into sum1s house and charge them gain abit more experience first..try get in with a local spread was that's y u posted in 1st place as I cnt remember?

Atm I don't drive so me going into someone's house out and around my area isn't an option at the moment. Might try and become someone's apprentice but come next week I'll be getting my cscs card so I'll be getting more experience on site.

Hijacking the thread not Ass starting new one. Am her having a few beers with a old mate. He sells weed. Well f**k me his phone doesn't stop. Am going to tell him to turn the f**k**g phone off when he comes back he's gone to work for a minute. :tonto:

Sorry mate that was me I ran out (y)

Atm I don't drive so me going into someone's house out and around my area isn't an option at the moment. Might try and become someone's apprentice but come next week I'll be getting my cscs card so I'll be getting more experience on site.
Get on site with a proper spread and ull improve ten-fold..u cnt beat working on a site wen u 1st start as that's where u get ur speed from..shudnt be let loose on any1s house by urself for at least 3 years wether u drive or not

Status
Not open for further replies.